Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Sounds like sound reasoning not to deal with any social issues doesn't it? I mean really when we get down to it what are we going to do with all those people who commit crimes now. After all if we convict them we have to feed and care for them.

What is to be done with all the heretofore unwanted elderly? Someone knocks off their 90 year old grandmother. So why prosecute that? The state was having to take care of her medical and living expenses and if we convict her grandson now we have to take care of him.
Kinda above the same lines, but not as harsh:

Co-host Amy Holmes then asked: “Congresswoman, are you suggesting that this administration, or a next administration, would actually advocate a one-child policy like Communist China?”

Bachmann responded: “What I’m saying is that now that we know the President of the United States unilaterally can tell insurance companies, you must offer the morning-after abortion pill, you must offer sterilizations, you must offer contraceptives free to the recipients of those products, because we tell you to — which means they’re effectively setting the price, as well — that says that whoever the health care dictator, could conceivably make that order, as well."​

O

osupride97

By the way, as a woman do you want to protect the unborn baby by having a law passed that would force unwilling women to give birth or else face murder charges? I think docjoctoo does.
No more laws need to be passed. But, I do want people to value the life of an unborn baby instead of getting into these debates about whether it's a growing baby or just a blob of matter. Maybe if we got back to respecting life, then this would not be an issue.

How about a link to a scientific paper that shows this. It simply is not true.

Scientifically, it is impossible to disregard what society feels. Sociology and psychology are science. That is like saying, "Disregarding what physicists feel, scientifically, gravity's purpose is to keep us from flying." You can claim your opinion is that there is no role for intercourse other than procreation by ignoring all the science that shows its importance in human bonding and relationships. But you can't claim that science shows that.
Ok, so I mis typed that. I should have said the PRIMARY, not the sole. I apologize.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Ok, so I mis typed that. I should have said the PRIMARY, not the sole. I apologize.
The vast majority of sexual encounters do not result in pregnancy. So, it all depends on how you define "primary". You can't argue that we humans are more than animals on one hand, and then defer to simple biology on the other. Sexual behavior in humans is a complex psycho-social-biological behavior.

The vast majority of sexual encounters do not result in pregnancy. So, it all depends on how you define "primary". You can't argue that we humans are more than animals on one hand, and then defer to simple biology on the other. Sexual behavior in humans is a complex psycho-social-biological behavior.
Ok then. Disregard that. Have sex for whatever reason you feel like. Still doesn't change my base argument.

Aug 7, 2009
Oklahoma City
If the drill is to be the slaying of disfunctional or irrelevant live humans, then after reading this thread I have two Brit wingnuts in mind, to lead the parade.

O

osupride97

Talk about generalizing, the current issue of the Oklahoma Observer says "Not a single doctor or scientist agrees that when a sperm touches an egg -- presto! - it's a person." Can't those against abortion or who are pro personhood dispute that with pages of names?
Can you give me the names of the DR's or scientists who say a fertilized egg isn't human or is dead? Have you read on this very forum some of the posts from actual doctors?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Physicians who do abortions are at the very margins of medicine and among my colleagues are looked upon as those whose main object is to make money. No mainstream physician even thinks about such a practice. From the earliest time of Hippocrates abortion was forbidden by our Hippocratic Oath.