Lincoln Riley’s attempt at a brisket...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Not even a hint of a smoke ring. I used to think he was a pretty sharp guy, but I don't know how someone looks at that monstrosity, takes a pic, then thinks "hey, I'm going post this for everyone to see."

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Thank god he can coach football.

What’d he make that in? A microwave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So many Sooner fans defending that brisket in the tweet. I’m glad to see you have a line you won’t cross.
You can tell he spends all his time recruiting, scheming offense and raising a family.

Because it’s damn sure not watching a smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Not even a hint of a smoke ring. I used to think he was a pretty sharp guy, but I don't know how someone looks at that monstrosity, takes a pic, then thinks "hey, I'm going post this for everyone to see."
Thats because he cooked that thing Well well well done. That thing is dry.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Ya'll know full well this was done in a Traeger...
And that's sad because I've seen some decent smoke rings on Traeger briskets posted on FB.

My last brisket had a good smoke ring, but was still a bit dry. It looked much better than Lincoln's but I wasn't about to post any pictures of it online. My first brisket has been my best so far. It was also the smallest I've smoked, so that may have something to do with it.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
And that's sad because I've seen some decent smoke rings on Traeger briskets posted on FB.

My last brisket had a good smoke ring, but was still a bit dry. It looked much better than Lincoln's but I wasn't about to post any pictures of it online. My first brisket has been my best so far. It was also the smallest I've smoked, so that may have something to do with it.
I can't criticize his brisket since I've never made one myself. I most certainly can poke fun at that likelihood that coach belly tat used a Traeger to make this though. He seems like a "Traeger guy". (No offense to any of you normal folk with Traegers that get trashed by the stereotype. ;) )

Dec 11, 2011
I would hope to God he didn't do that in a pellet smoker. If so, OU needs to fire him immediately. You can't trust someone who can't run a pellet smoker to run a major college athletic team.

Reminds me of a guy I work with; told me once never trust a man that wears a belt AND suspenders. How can you trust a man who can't even trust his own pants?