Lincoln Riley’s attempt at a brisket...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
They truly are codependent. They know this is the best coach they have ever had, and will likely ever get. And mullet knows this is probably the best job he is going to be able to get at this point in his career. Probably should have looked harder at Tennessee, oh well. He is pretty loaded and money goes a lot further in Oklahoma
Ah, it's all good. We are codependent on Gundy while goon fans are codependent on the legal system to take care of your football team. Do you guys have lawyer and DA trading cards you swap around at tailgates and watch parties.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
They truly are codependent. They know this is the best coach they have ever had, and will likely ever get. And mullet knows this is probably the best job he is going to be able to get at this point in his career. Probably should have looked harder at Tennessee, oh well. He is pretty loaded and money goes a lot further in Oklahoma
Ah, it's all good. We are codependent on Gundy while goon fans are codependent on the legal system to take care of your football team. Do you guys have lawyer and DA trading cards you swap around at tailgates and watch parties.
Sounds cool !

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
So because you actually think before you speak and don’t cause controversy all the time, that makes you a sycophant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As big of a media dumba** Mike gundy is, Riley comes across as the polar opposite feeding the media exactly what they want to hear. Everyone hailed him as a genius golden boy for his “most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard” COVID comments, and then returned to practice two weeks after the “most ridiculous return date he’s ever heard” as if any new info came out in those two weeks. Seemed to me it was more ridiculous to him to let the rest of the country get too much of a competitive advantage.

OU had a big COVID outbreak before Bedlam (and admittedly still whooped OSU up and down the field)

meanwhile OSU and ISU had the fewest outbreaks/players miss games in the big 12, but gundy is a backwoods inbred idiot still who knows nothing about how to run a football program in a pandemic. Any national coverage on the OKC thunder consulting Gundy and the OSU medical staff on how they handled the pandemic so well?

Not saying Gundy’s media gaffes aren’t dumb as hell and he has himself to blame for the backlash, but the media loves them some Lincoln who really “gets it” cuz he feeds the talking heads what they want.

he’s a better football coach than Gundy and is better at “playing the game” to keep a better image. Has the local media eating out of the palm of his hand. Not saying I’d complain if I was an OU fan and he was winning 12 games a year, but it seemed pretty intentional to pair him up as “boy genius” next to gundy’s “out of touch old man yells at cloud”

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
As big of a media dumba** Mike gundy is, Riley comes as the polar opposite feeding the media exactly what they want to hear. Everyone hailed him as a genius golden boy for his “most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard” COVID comments, and then returned to practice two weeks after the “most ridiculous return date he’s ever heard” as if any new info came out in those two weeks. OU had a big COVID outbreak before Bedlam (and admittedly still whooped OSU up and down the field)

meanwhile OSU and ISU had the fewest outbreaks/players miss games in the big 12, but gundy is a backwoods inbred idiot still.

Not saying Gundy’s media gaffes aren’t dumb as hell and he has himself to blame for the backlash, but the media loves them some Lincoln who really “gets it” cuz he feeds the talking heads what they want.
It's called a bunch of goon graduates in journalism and fan boys are all figuring out if their SOs would let them get a belly button tat to match their hero. Face it, the in look during Stoops reign was man boobs in the media.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
It's called a bunch of goon graduates in journalism and fan boys are all figuring out if their SOs would let them get a belly button tat to match their hero. Face it, the in look during Stoops reign was man boobs in the media.
Yes but it was always entertaining to watch bob stoops yell at John Hoover and general “idgaf” rust belt accented attitude.

he seemed like he cared a lot less about what would score him brownie points

am I biased? Hell yeah, but I don’t have to be entirely rational, we’re talking sports hate here. I am however, entirely convinced the the wording Riley used was intentional to juxtapose himself to the other Oklahoma school in the Big 12’s coach and the local media would be lining up in knee pads if Riley was being consulted by an NBA team for how well he led a program through a pandemic

Last edited:

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Nick Saban is no different when he addresses the press. Says very little. Wags the dog. Makes a joke occasionally. Very dry.

God, I hate the off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What pisses me off about nick Saban is his waffling in opinions depending on what benefits Alabama.

One year conference championships mean nothing and it’s all about who’s the best team, then one year winning the SEC should be the end all be all.

he asks “is this what we want football to become? This ain’t good for the kids” about no huddle/up tempo offenses, now his opinion is clearly pretty different.

His take about the early signing period was BS. “What if these kids want to go to a bigger school and now they can’t?” Feigning concern about that, what he really means is “we missed on the 5 star we wanted, now we can’t even raid the non-blue bloods for their top 4 star, with a last minute offer while they’ve recruited them for 2 years, who probably would’ve rode the pine at Alabama.”

hell of a coach, but hell of a hypocrite. And he’s just an a**hole as well. Still respect him 50,000x as much as Urban though.

FWIW I just sports hate Lincoln. I obviously don’t think he’s an actual piece of **** like Urban, Freeze, Jimbo, Mullen, Lester Miles, or (vomits) Briles (both Kendall and Art)

Last edited: