Matt Wells fired

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I think Campbell is more likely to go to Penn State after Franklin leaves for USC. Also Tech may go after UTSA coach Jeff Traylor. He is a legend in Texas high school coaching and it looks like some Tech people actually prefer him to Dykes.
USC might have second thought on Franklin after the 9OT game.

Penn State is yet to play Michigan and Michi State.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I wouldn't be surprised if they cleared out Wells to bring in Sonny Dykes. Hopefully he would have more success at taco tceh than his dad did, but I could see it working out.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Uhh, Yurcich will be in the running for HC at PSU
Has a coach ever failed upwards as much as Yurchich? Gundy pulled him out of obscurity and the dude has a horse shoe stuck up his butt or something.
Yurcich was great at OSU, got screwed at tOSU by Day, got unlucky at UT with Herman and struggled a bit at PSU with QB injuries and fewer skill players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2014
Brown may be on the hot seat, but Klieman is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Klieman is more likely to leave KState for a better job than it is for them to fire him. He is a perfect fit there. He will regularly win 6-8 games and occasionally have that 10ish win season and compete for Big 12 Championships

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Yes, Kliff Kingsbury. Get fired from Tech only to end up as head coach of an NFL team.
Came here to say the same thing, thanks for taking care of it for me.

I think it speaks volumes about the coach and the situation. With the repeated failure of TTech and the turnaround job Kliff is doing in AZ. It going to take something special to get them decent again.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
https://youtu.be/0hUx-YNwieE

“Never say never, but……never”
“There’s not a booster with a big enough blank check”
:lol: