MBB: Texas Tech vs OSU Sat at Noon

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
The old girl awakened for just a moment today. GIA sensed Eddie in the house. She felt the presence of Big Country, Randy and Chianti. The players on the floor were wearing the black uniforms of the glory days. No way would she allow a loss. The noise levels were not historic but were enough to send a few chills up the spine of guys my age who were lucky enough to experience the pain in ear drums caused by the crowd. I hope she stays awake for just a little while.

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
The old girl awakened for just a moment today. GIA sensed Eddie in the house. She felt the presence of Big Country, Randy and Chianti. The players on the floor were wearing the black uniforms of the glory days. No way would she allow a loss. The noise levels were not historic but were enough to send a few chills up the spine of guys my age who were lucky enough to experience the pain in ear drums caused by the crowd. I hope she stays awake for just a little while.
I think there is a pretty good chance it will be a lot like the old days next season. I sure hope so.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
My ears are still ringing from those days. Literally. I have tinnitus.

worth it.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
The rowdy...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I hope she stays awake for a long while.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They always say, "It is how you are playing down the stretch", with a strong run of only one, maybe two losses, and two wins in the conference tournament, who knows, we might even sneak into the Dance. Or just win the conference tournament and remove all doubt.
We do that with our scheduled down the stretch and we are a FOR SURE in. Starts @WVU tomorrow. Win that and I start to get excited. Go Pokes!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

worth it.
me too, and mine is insufferable, wakes me up at night and rings nearly non-stop...but still...NOT worth it...lol...However the old GIA days were clearly incredible in terms of crowd noise, the kids now wouldn't even know what to do with that level of noise...never have I experienced anything like that before nor since. Jet engine on a tarmac maybe. Btw, can I sue? :cool:

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

worth it.
me too, and mine is insufferable, wakes me up at night and rings nearly non-stop...but still...NOT worth it...lol...However the old GIA days were clearly incredible in terms of crowd noise, the kids now wouldn't even know what to do with that level of noise...never have I experienced anything like that before nor since. Jet engine on a tarmac maybe. Btw, can I sue? :cool:
I was at the Tech game, and even though it wasn't full the noise was definitely comparable at several spots down the stretch, to what I heard before.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
But I don’t miss the horse trough in the bathroom from the old days.

Oct 29, 2016
US

worth it.
Same thing happened to me after I had attended the triple overtime thriller between Texas vs OSU. GIA was rocking that night.. it was by far the loudest decibel I had ever experienced. I couldn't hear the people to my left and right without them talking right in my ear. And now I have tinnitus because of it. Unfortunately, the ringing is so loud that I have to be a few feet away to hear anything. It's like wearing earbuds and turning the volume as loud as possible amplified 10 times..but replace music with ringing. It's unbearable.. it has altered my life in such a negative way..

I have even contemplated suicide countless times. I have no shame in admitting such...if people were in my shoes, they'd totally understand why I have no shame in my proclamation. Quality of life is pure hell. Totally not worth it. I'd give anything to change that night and not attend that game. Sadly, I can't change the night that destroyed my life

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Same thing happened to me after I had attended the triple overtime thriller between Texas vs OSU. GIA was rocking that night.. it was by far the loudest decibel I had ever experienced. I couldn't hear the people to my left and right without them talking right in my ear. And now I have tinnitus because of it. Unfortunately, the ringing is so loud that I have to be a few feet away to hear anything. It's like wearing earbuds and turning the volume as loud as possible amplified 10 times..but replace music with ringing. It's unbearable.. it has altered my life in such a negative way..

I have even contemplated suicide countless times. I have no shame in admitting such...if people were in my shoes, they'd totally understand why I have no shame in my proclamation. Quality of life is pure hell. Totally not worth it. I'd give anything to change that night and not attend that game. Sadly, I can't change the night that destroyed my life

Hey, Snap up, not going down a rabbit hole on our watch CO 82.

Not sure you are up around Stillwater or where you are - the posted link contains Emergency Contact both local and national
https://ucs.okstate.edu/scc/faq.html

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Orange82 - Man, I'm so sorry to hear that...honestly mine is similar but less life altering, please get into some counseling, faith and the good book. Like I said, mine is very bad too and it's been constant for about five years now, but I'm not going to check out due to it. Get some help, find something that helps especially at night (I use ocean and rainstorm sounds on "Alexa" to help drown it out so I can sleep as well as medications (like Xanax in moderation) at times to give me some relief and rest). Also look into activities like travel, fishing, hunting or anything else that you love to do to give you things to look forward too that take your mind off the tinnitus. Always have one of those on the horizon. I find that when I dwell on it, it actually becomes worse and when I seek to enjoy other things in life it gets far less annoying. Another encouragement is that some people actually have their tinnitus stop at some point, I have several friends that have had this happen...I wonder sometimes if I'm going to totally lose my hearing but keep the tinnitus, that would suck...not sure you or I will be one of those lucky ones that get over our tinnitus but keep your spirits up!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

I apologize for being light-hearted about a serious issue. My tinnitus is manageable, but I am looking into hearing aids at an early age because of related hearing loss. It’s no fun, for sure. But I do know severe tinnitus can torment folks, like you mentioned. That is awful. I’m sorry you’ve had to struggle with that and if my careless words caused any harm.

Last edited: