Mid Term Elections

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
We’re almost at the begging of mid term election season. I’m curious as of today what the rest of you think is the winning message for both sides? I’m sure both parities are busy polling trying to figure out what’s important to the voting base.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Republicans: We aren't democrats.
Democrats: We don't like orange man still.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
That’s pretty much what I was thinking also. It’s easy running in the minority party. It’s a lot more difficult when you’re the majority and control everything in DC.

I’m not sure running against trump will get it done. His supporters will turn out to vote.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
And the country is falling apart right in front of the voters.
How so? The country is far better off now than in Sept of 2020. Since then we learned that mandatory shutdowns and other restrictions caused more economic damage and physical harm to people than they were worth. Now that those facts are well realized, the unemployment rate in Stillwater is only around 2.4%. I don't expect Gov. Stitt to want to close anything down ever again. Surely most of the governors in the country don't want to, either.

Weren't conservatives saying in 2009 that America was falling apart in front of the voters from the result of Obama/Biden winning in 2008? Years later, in 2012, Obama won reelection, though the comeback can be that Democrats lost Congress in 2010.

For Democrats to win in 2022, CNN needs to cut down talking about covid, covid, covid all the time to near zero. Also get inflation and supply problems under control. If it's all world wide problems in 2022 that won't be possible to do. It wouldn't hurt Democrats to pass things people really want such as Medicare For All and an infrastructure bill. Polls indicate that Americans support Medicare For All by 70%. If Republicans refuse, then try compromising with them by renaming it Medicare For All Advantage, so private health insurance companies can participate in it. However, Ralph Nader won't like it one bit.

If at rallies Trump persists in ridiculing and calling people names along with carrying on like the sorest loser in the world, that sure won't help matters.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Just for starters...Inflation, pending tax and cost increases on everyone except illegals the likes of which we've never seen, rapid and substantial increase in crime (particularly homicides) that is being virtually ignored, rapid and substantial increase in government dependency (coordinated by the Biden admin.), no willingness to control our southern border, abysmal foreign policy with Americans still remaining in Afghanistan, increased national INSECURITY, rapid increase in racial and political divide (again coordinated by the Biden admin + Nancy, Chuck, Maxine, and the media).

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It's pretty common for a first term president whose party also controls the House, to have that control switch in the mid terms. I don't expect either side to change their message much, just sprinkle in some current events. Both parties suck but I do hope to see a split in the power between them instead of having one in control like we do now.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
My predictions for the party messages…

Republicans: They’re gonna take your guns, Bibles, and kids. Ruin your businesses and schools while growing big government.

Democrats: They’re gonna take your civil liberties, empty out the social program coffers, and give it all to big business.

Independents: (jumping up and down behind the crowd) Hello! Over here! Anyone see us?

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
My predictions for the party messages…

Republicans: They’re gonna take your guns, Bibles, and kids. Ruin your businesses and schools while growing big government.

Democrats: They’re gonna take your civil liberties, empty out the social program coffers, and give it all to big business.

Independents: (jumping up and down behind the crowd) Hello! Over here! Anyone see us?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Divisive Satan blame game on the other guy needs to end. Be it the blame Orangeman bad crowd or the blame Nancy, Biden, and name your outlier Democratic guys. We need a united states not a divided one and this vitriol has to stop. It's unhealthy for the country and for all of us who live in it. Indeed if it doesn't stop it's going to drive the smart American independent normal sane citizen onlookers to leave the country for their own safety and security.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Divisive Satan blame game on the other guy needs to end. Be it the blame Orangeman bad crowd or the blame Nancy, Biden, and name your outlier Democratic guys. We need a united states not a divided one and this vitriol has to stop. It's unhealthy for the country and for all of us who live in it. Indeed if it doesn't stop it's going to drive the smart American independent normal sane citizen onlookers to leave the country for their own safety and security.
The want has increased more and more lately, I love this country, but it really is crazy how we can become so cut throat over the strangest things. Instead of trying to fix the problem, we continuously point fingers at the other side and blame them, rather than have a good educational convesation that doesn't lead to name calling.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Just wishful thinking here, but what would it take to have the single "straight party" bubble removed as well as any political party designations from voting ballots? Just reduce it what office it's for and the politicians names. I feel like that would be 2 simple steps toward eliminating lazy voting based purely on party instead of policy. It obviously wouldn't completely eliminate it but it'd be interesting to see what would happen. It'd at least make someone actually look up a candidate versus "look for the R/D"...

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Which begins at the top, and last time I checked the "top" for this country, at least legally, is Joe Biden with the executive branch. And the top of the legislative branch is Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. How about we begin there?

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Dude, it will never stop. And the truth is it has always been this way. The only difference today is how sensitive people are, how much people consume of this crap thanks to social media and the 24/7 news, and how corrupt the MSM is.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Just wishful thinking here, but what would it take to have the single "straight party" bubble removed as well as any political party designations from voting ballots? Just reduce it what office it's for and the politicians names. I feel like that would be 2 simple steps toward eliminating lazy voting based purely on party instead of policy. It obviously wouldn't completely eliminate it but it'd be interesting to see what would happen. It'd at least make someone actually look up a candidate versus "look for the R/D"...
Reasonable, however, we both know that for at least the next generation or two future candidates will simply use their marketing efforts to compare themselves to one former party or another, or just flat out tell people what they used to be.

Nov 6, 2010
I agree, but as long as Trump is out there talking about a stolen election, it can't happen. It may not be possible anyway, but you can't pretend his schtick is like the normal stuff we've been dealing with. I mean, people believe him, why I have no idea, but they do. And if you really thought the election had been stolen, you should have stormed the capital, even if you voted for Biden. This is the crux of the current situation IMO, and it is too bad the republican leadership can't put that genie back in the bottle, and even worse, more of them are coming around to embracing it.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Reasonable, however, we both know that for at least the next generation or two future candidates will simply use their marketing efforts to compare themselves to one former party or another, or just flat out tell people what they used to be.
I'm just talking about the ballots, not getting rid of the parties themselves. I know THAT will never happen. I don't expect removing that stuff from the ballots to be election changers but it'll at least get rid of some people's "easy out" to just either fill in the one bubble for straight party and just search down the page for R's and D's to vote for. Recent elections you could have removed everyone's names entirely leaving just their party and still come out with the same outcome...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The parties control the election boards which control the ballots. The last thing either party wants to do is force people to actually think when they vote.

It would take an electorate willing and able to look beyond those two little letters on the ballot to eventually reach a place where we could remove them from the ballot.

Last edited: