Mizzou fan tweets WAY across the line

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2011
A friend just tweeted that she received an email back from the CUNE baseball coach saying that the little punk got suspended from the team.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
A friend just tweeted that she received an email back from the CUNE baseball coach saying that the little punk got suspended from the team.

i got an email back from his as well. probably the same one. he has been suspended from the team. Coach Geidel said "Further disciplinary action will de determined according to our student code of conduct."

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers are with the coaches' families and Oklahoma State fans as they continue to deal with this great loss in their lives and OSU community. Most of all, I apologize for the pain caused to them because of the actions of this student.

As a coach myself, I understand the camaraderie of the collegiate athletic community. As much as I was saddened to hear about the loss of Coach Budke and Coach Serna, I was even more saddened and dismayed to hear about the actions of one of my players.

This behavior is not what Concordia is about. We are working to deal with the situation in an appropriate manner. The student has been referred to our Student Life Office and has been suspended from the baseball team. Further disciplinary action will be determined according to our student code of conduct.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Geidel
Head Baseball Coach
Concordia University, Nebraska

Oct 10, 2011
Wyoming
Can somebody please email his school? Like OrangeForever said, as a Lutheran school they will not be happy with this at all. I would but I'm on my mobile device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just emailed his Coach, Assistant Coach, Athletic Director, Sports Information Director, and the President. Asked for an apology to the families of those killed and to our University.

Orange Proud

Apr 20, 2006
Wherever I May Roam
Chase,

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers are with the coaches' families
and Oklahoma State fans as they continue to deal with this great loss in
their lives and OSU community. Most of all, I apologize for the pain caused
to them because of the actions of this student.

As a coach myself, I understand the camaraderie of the collegiate athletic
community. As much as I was saddened to hear about the loss of Coach Budke
and Coach Serna, I was even more saddened and dismayed to hear about the
actions of one of my players.

This behavior is not what Concordia is about. We are working to deal with
the situation in an appropriate manner. The student has been referred to our
Student Life Office and has been suspended from the baseball team. Further
disciplinary action will be determined according to our student code of
conduct.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Geidel
Head Baseball Coach
Concordia University, Nebraska

Ok, so it's a cookie cutter kind of email, but he seemed to take the time to actually write it out and then just send it out to multiple people. Classy move on his part to respond and not just brush us aside. Glad to hear that this little punk is getting what he deserves and more!

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
I honestly didn't expect much, if anything, back. Whether he copied and pasted replies is beyond the point. I'm sure he's embarrassed it's one of his players. I really appreciate the email back from him.

Apr 20, 2006
Wherever I May Roam
I honestly didn't expect much, if anything, back. Whether he copied and pasted replies is beyond the point. I'm sure he's embarrassed it's one of his players. I really appreciate the email back from him.
That's what I'm saying too. It speaks volumes that he even took the time to reply to everyone that emailed him. I certainly appreciate it. You're all right by me, Coach Geidel. :)

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
That's what I'm saying too. It speaks volumes that he even took the time to reply to everyone that emailed him. I certainly appreciate it. You're all right by me, Coach Geidel. :)
I'm sure there were hundreds of emails. His email was all over twitter. I kinda feel bad for him actually. He's spending an entire evening getting emails out to a very upset fanbase, to no fault of his own. But like you said, it speaks volumes and he's definitely ok in my book.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I missed it. Damn!

You guys that took time time to send mails, and got a reply should think about thanking them for their followup with you, and their seemingly swift action to deal with the issue. It's coaches like this that build boys into men, and they don't tolerate any foolishness.

The guy I played for in HS would have ripped his head off and shit down his neck. I heard him say that particular phrase a lot, for way less than this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.