Mizzou fan tweets WAY across the line

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
I missed it. Damn!

You guys that took time time to send mails, and got a reply should think about thanking them for their followup with you, and their seemingly swift action to deal with the issue. It's coaches like this that build boys into men, and they don't tolerate any foolishness.

The guy I played for in HS would have ripped his head off and shit down his neck. I heard him say that particular phrase a lot, for way less than this. ;)
Done and done. Just sent one back thanking him for the quick reply and kind words.

starflyer

A win that feels like a loss.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 2, 2005
Tulsa
Normally i would be against stuff like this, but i think things like this will help people realize no matter where you say it, you are held responsible for your actions. There are alot of narrow-minded people out there that say crap like he said because nobody does anything about it. Today something was done about it. Ha

Dec 13, 2005
Tempe, Arizona
I'm personally offended by him so i decided to write him on Facebook. here it is for enjoyment

Edit: I didnt spend too much time on word structure because he is only 20.. and it was in haste :mad:.

Loyal and true to my family.:koolaid:

You really have no Dignity. I am a Lutheran that considered going to Seward and playing football. Glad I didn't now. Good luck staying on the baseball team and better yet in school. Hope you can get a real job in the future. Obviously not with the church. Which by the way numerous emails have been sent to your pastor quoting what you said about the individuals that lost their lives. A real class act. You're and embarrassment to all Lutherans.

Dec 13, 2005
Tempe, Arizona
I'm personally offended by him so i decided to write him on Facebook. here it is for enjoyment

Edit: I didnt spend too much time on word structure because he is only 20.. and it was in haste :mad:.

Loyal and true to my family.:koolaid:

You really have no Dignity. I am a Lutheran that considered going to Seward and playing football. Glad I didn't now. Good luck staying on the baseball team and better yet in school. Hope you can get a real job in the future. Obviously not with the church. Which by the way numerous emails have been sent to your pastor quoting what you said about the individuals that lost their lives. A real class act. You're and embarrassment to all Lutherans.
Damn messed up at the end.

Oct 3, 2006
Pryor, OK
It's kind of weird to think about his world was all normal yesterday. He watched a basketball game, his team didn't win, and he makes some crappy comments on twitter thinking he's hilarious. Today, his world gets rocked. Maybe he will learn that he can't be an A hole and get away with it anymore. Then again, maybe he won't.

JoshOSU420

Athletic Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
OKC
Should be interesting to see if there is an actual release or post from the University paper, local news, etc confirming the suspension. May not be since it is such a small school.

Oct 10, 2011
Wyoming
I was also impressed with the Coach's response. My emails to him, the President and others in the school were rejected by the firewall this evening. Glad so many got through and the University took action. Great Job OSU Family!

Proud to be Orange!

Oct 16, 2005
Golden, Colorado
Wow, that showed a lot of character by the coach. I understand that you can't brush it aside, but the fact he took the time to send out that email to most, if not all the people who emailed him means a lot to me.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
Okay, folks. This young man tweeted some incredibly tasteless "jokes" that he probably heard somewhere else and displayed extremely poor judgment in posting them publicly without realizing the hurt that these "jokes" could cause to other human beings.

This is not to defend what he did, but I told some jokes when I was younger that just make me cringe now. Thankfully, there was no internet to record it back then (I told the jokes by smoke signal ;)), and I grew up and learned better.

It sounds like he has some learnin' to do, and the actions of his coach indicate the young man has some good guidance. Let's try to allow this dude to learn from his mistakes and hope he can become a better person by learning from his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.