More homeruns caused by global warming

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Tim McCarver wrote "Baseball for Brain Surgeons and Other Fans," but he's not a real scientist, which is why it was a surprise to hear the national Fox announcer (and former catcher) opine that climate change is leading to more home runs. McCarver says "climactic changes" of the last 50 years are making the ball "carry farther than I remember," although he acknowledges it "hasn't been proven yet." It's certainly not better training, performance-enhancing drugs or McCarver's bad memory. It's the weather.

What an idiot!

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
Tim McCarver wrote "Baseball for Brain Surgeons and Other Fans," but he's not a real scientist, which is why it was a surprise to hear the national Fox announcer (and former catcher) opine that climate change is leading to more home runs. McCarver says "climactic changes" of the last 50 years are making the ball "carry farther than I remember," although he acknowledges it "hasn't been proven yet." It's certainly not better training, performance-enhancing drugs or McCarver's bad memory. It's the weather.

What an idiot!
Yeah, first we had engineers and now we get baseball announcers? Sheesh. Leave the prognosticating to climatologists, you know.

Aug 7, 2009
Oklahoma City
McCarver had his better days at least two decades ago. This could be onset of The Big
A in his case. Very typical of the bewildered who attack we who don't, like lemmings, blindly jump into lock step the man-done-it party line.