Football National Signing Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osu_cowboy_007

Territorial Marshal
Sep 21, 2008
Dallas
Gundy was on with Al and Bill earlier and was asked about Muncrief. Response was something like 'Fastest RB recruit in the history of OSU football'.
Said he and Monk went to an all-class track meet in Norman last week. Muncrief ran the 60 meters indoors and Gundy said 'it wasn't even close'. Said he and Monk just sat there and stared at each other for a few seconds like 'what did we just see?'.
Obviously track-speed doesn't always translate to the field. But look for this kid to possibly contribute on ST or as situational RB in his freshman year.
I think Barry and Travis Miller were in the range of 4.37.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm surprised I have not seen more about this. I'm not much of a "stars don't matter" guy (I know about Blackmon) but this would seem to indicate we did a pretty good job of signing higher caliber guys we just didn't have as many scholarships to work with. Why haven't any of you recruiting junkies pointed this out?
Stars do matter, and I think I have objective evidence proving it. But they are far from the only thing that matters. Goodness of fit for the program, development within the program, heart and desire, etc. Our 2008/2009 classes were not highly ranked, but they played with a buttload of heart and desire.

The bottom line is that this coaching staff has proved that they can recruit not only highly touted players but guys that fit and work hard and play hard. And this coaching staff, and especially our recruits, deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. It is pretty freaking sad that we have people here pissing and moaning rather than being happy at who we just signed.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Stars do matter, and I think I have objective evidence proving it. But they are far from the only thing that matters. Goodness of fit for the program, development within the program, heart and desire, etc. Our 2008/2009 classes were not highly ranked, but they played with a buttload of heart and desire.

The bottom line is that this coaching staff has proved that they can recruit not only highly touted players but guys that fit and work hard and play hard. And this coaching staff, and especially our recruits, deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. It is pretty freaking sad that we have people here pissing and moaning rather than being happy at who we just signed.
Agreed. I just think it is a important point to recognize you could have a bunch of 4 star guys and still be ranked lower just because you didn't have as many schollys to use. That's the most flawed part of the ranking to me and something I wasn't aware of until yesterday.