NCAA Men's Golf Championship

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I think they should bring back the peach baskets in basketball. This net thingy makes the game go to fast, and it put ladder guys out of work.... MLGGA! :);)

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I guess it would be nice if they implemented some bye system to reward teams that did well in stroke play.

For example, if either or both of the top 2 teams are 10 strokes or more clear of the teams in 7th and/or 8th then they earn a bye instead of having to play that match. If they are more than 10 strokes clear of 3rd then they get 2 byes. Or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I guess it would be nice if they implemented some bye system to reward teams that did well in stroke play.

For example, if either or both of the top 2 teams are 10 strokes or more clear of the teams in 7th and/or 8th then they earn a bye instead of having to play that match. If they are more than 10 strokes clear of 3rd then they get 2 byes. Or something along those lines.

What you are saying is that teams 7 and 8 wouldn't play and just concede, thus be out? that makes no sense as long as you allow 8 teams.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Vandy into sudden death with A&M 2-2-1 since their last match is tied thru 18? Next hole won in the last matchup decides it, right?

Stanford upsets Wake Forest 3-2.

OU and UT 2-2-1 down to the last match that is tied thru 15.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

What you are saying is that teams 7 and 8 wouldn't play and just concede, thus be out? that makes no sense as long as you allow 8 teams.
Yes, I’m saying that less teams would make it. To have a chance to make it, you have to be in the top 8 and within 10 strokes of the opponent you would match up against. If they are clear of you by 10 strokes or more then you are eliminated. Not guaranteed that 8 teams advance.

Feb 25, 2008
winning a BB game by double digits, then "hey, let's have a FT shooting contest to decide who wins."
Imagine if after a season of "normal" basketball, and march madness the four teams that made it to the final four were matched up 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, but then the best 5 players for each team were put on a court with 5 basketball goals and they played five individual games of one on one ball - 21 wins. The team with the best 3 of 5 players wins the game advances to the national championship played in the same format.

Aug 16, 2012
A person that disagrees with golf being a sport of patience has never played at a high level...
that depends on what you call a high level. I have a tournament at Plantation in Frisco tomorrow and another on Saturday at Falcon Head. Did I play college? No, did not even pick up the game with any seriousness until about five years ago having played baseball for 40 years, but I play twice a week now, have played in several Golf Channel AM tournaments. I have absolutely no patience but there is a difference between patience and composure and the ability to forget the last shot and concentrate on the next shot.