NCAA threatens pulling Women's College World Series in OKC over Transgender athletes bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I'm betting the rise of E-sports will eventually drown out the trans athlete ordeal. E-sports is one of the fastest growing spectator events on the planet and co-ed teams complete all over now and women and men compete on the same levels against each other all the way to the Pro level.

OSU just opened their first E-Sports arena yesterday in the Student Union. I know a girl who works at a Game Stop who is going to college on a full ride for E-Sports.

OSU Gamers is currently the largest student organization

NASCAR is going to continue virtual racing competitions it was doing and televising during the pandemic due to just how popular it was with fans.

In 2018 there were over 25 million E-sports viewers in the US...by 2023 it expected to double to over 50 million with an estimate of 1 in 5 internet users turning in to an E-sports match at least once per month.

As transgender athletes enter the scenes of women's sports, I think more and more women will move to compete in E-sports where the the playing field for men and women is already even and co-ed competition is already practiced

In 2019 you had 1.05 million people per day tuning in to the WCWS and 4 million tuning in to watch the League of Legends World Championships.

E sports stadiums that hold 10k to 20k people are already up and running around the world...including several in the US. The E-sports wave is coming to America and it is coming fast
Maybe but that doesn’t address the issue in anyway except a possible negative impact.....that is if we see sports as a positive for cis females and less compete because of this. If the drop in traditional sports do to the rise of something else is symmetrical across all sports then it doesn’t matter. There isn’t anything one can do to remove the clear advantage of being born male. If we want all sport to be co-Ed women sports will cease to exist on any scale. Read a story before Christmas of a 6’6” 52 year old trans athlete playing girls college basketball......this isn’t going away because another way to compete arises. As long as sport exists if an advantage can be gained it will be analyzed.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Maybe but that doesn’t address the issue in anyway except a possible negative impact.....that is if we see sports as a positive for cis females and less compete because of this. If the drop in traditional sports do to the rise of something else is symmetrical across all sports then it doesn’t matter. There isn’t anything one can do to remove the clear advantage of being born male. If we want all sport to be co-Ed women sports will cease to exist on any scale. Read a story before Christmas of a 6’6” 52 year old trans athlete playing girls college basketball......this isn’t going away because another way to compete arises. As long as sport exists if an advantage can be gained it will be analyzed.
I'm looking at this through a lens of a historian. "Traditional" sports have always evolved around the military since the dawn of man. As the worlds military progress more and more to military activities being carried out behind computer screens, simulated air craft cockpits that control real drones, weaponized military robots etc etc....the Skills to set yourself above and beyond with this equipment, computers, etc increasingly becomes your ability with your brain and hands working computerized controls.

This leads to modern military (the root of all sports competition Javelin, archery, horse riding, etc) to enter a realm where men and women are not physically separated by their ability to excel and compete at the highest levels. Now this doesn't mean there will never be traditional physical sporting this will always exist. However from a historical optic, competitors who demonstrate the highest levels of skills which could also be used to excel in a military setting will often be idolized and immortalized by their cultures. That skill set which the military of the time holds in high regards is now trending toward a situation where physical feats are just as impressive as knowledge/dexterity feats.

We already see this in our science fiction which oddly enough often influences reality. The P-5000 Powered Loader Exoskeleton in the movie Aliens is a great example. There is an entire squad of Marines in that movie that use these Exoskeletons as fighting tools. When Ripley comes across one in the movie she notes that she has a Class 2 license to use one and then suits up to fight the biggest baddest Queen Alien and becomes a hero.

This gets us on to the next topic. We are living in an age where technology as exoskeletons (or prosthetics) can realistically be adapted to sports to level playing fields among genders/those with physical disabilities thus again relying on the users mental and dexterity to win. We see it already in MLB with the Red contact lenses to allow players to see the stitches and rotation of the ball better out of the pitchers hands. Technological enhanced player

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
YET, as far as I know, we are still planning on playing in the winter Olympics in China...wow, just wow, American politics and the issuing radical corporate pushback is going to sink us as a nation. Honestly, God love all people, but how is it fair for born guys to compete with born girls? It's just not and it's a disservice to both to even play that game. Maybe a trans league of their own is the answer?

Btw, "there's no crying in baseball."

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I'm looking at this through a lens of a historian. "Traditional" sports have always evolved around the military since the dawn of man. As the worlds military progress more and more to military activities being carried out behind computer screens, simulated air craft cockpits that control real drones, weaponized military robots etc etc....the Skills to set yourself above and beyond with this equipment, computers, etc increasingly becomes your ability with your brain and hands working computerized controls.

This leads to modern military (the root of all sports competition Javelin, archery, horse riding, etc) to enter a realm where men and women are not physically separated by their ability to excel and compete at the highest levels. Now this doesn't mean there will never be traditional physical sporting this will always exist. However from a historical optic, competitors who demonstrate the highest levels of skills which could also be used to excel in a military setting will often be idolized and immortalized by their cultures. That skill set which the military of the time holds in high regards is now trending toward a situation where physical feats are just as impressive as knowledge/dexterity feats.

We already see this in our science fiction which oddly enough often influences reality. The P-5000 Powered Loader Exoskeleton in the movie Aliens is a great example. There is an entire squad of Marines in that movie that use these Exoskeletons as fighting tools. When Ripley comes across one in the movie she notes that she has a Class 2 license to use one and then suits up to fight the biggest baddest Queen Alien and becomes a hero.

This gets us on to the next topic. We are living in an age where technology as exoskeletons (or prosthetics) can realistically be adapted to sports to level playing fields among genders/those with physical disabilities thus again relying on the users mental and dexterity to win. We see it already in MLB with the Red contact lenses to allow players to see the stitches and rotation of the ball better out of the pitchers hands. Technological enhanced player
People still fly fish and we can use a net or hell an electric current. People still hunt with a bow and arrow and we could domesticate what they are hunting. We still use wooden bats.....we could have robots play sports now. What you are talking about takes away the essence of sport and isn’t going to replace person to person physical contests.
One could more easily say sports were always for men and going back to that. But that’s too simplistic.

This isn’t going away because of technology.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
People still fly fish and we can use a net or hell an electric current. People still hunt with a bow and arrow and we could domesticate what they are hunting. We still use wooden bats.....we could have robots play sports now. What you are talking about takes away the essence of sport and isn’t going to replace person to person physical contests.
One could more easily say sports were always for men and going back to that. But that’s too simplistic.

This isn’t going away because of technology.
I would love to see the people who are fly fishing with a cane pole, leather waders, and hand made hooks and people are clamoring to spectate it or pay money to buy products endorsed for it

when was the last time you watched a hunting show where the guy used a bow, arrow and a rock arrow head they made themselves. Why don't they hunt like this every time? I mean why aren't they competing like this now at archery tournaments? Why do coed archery teams compete at the highest level of archery sports now? It has nothing to do with the technology in the bows and arrows which has level the playing field so that both men and women can be just as proficient with a modern bow ?

1618345110006.png

What is the essence of sport? is it not competition?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So the NCAA is allowing men to compete as women, but the NCAA had to be shamed into providing the women's basketball tournament with appropriate weight training facilities in a quarantine bubble? How is this not misogynistic?

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Except when the ncaa and other are waging their war on women and participating in this insanity. Where are women supposed to go then?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The social pressure young girls must feel to accept trans athletes in their sport has to be overwhelming. Saying you want to play in a league that's just women probably makes you a social pariah at an age when social status is everything.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The social pressure young girls must feel to accept trans athletes in their sport has to be overwhelming. Saying you want to play in a league that's just women probably makes you a social pariah at an age when social status is everything.
maybe if we didn't force girls out of or to question their gender identity with this kind of legislation and acceptance there would be no such thing as a gender identity disorder.

When you let men play women's sports it kinda tells women, that the very definition of their gender is fluid, their gender can be legislated, and punishes them for being women.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
YET, as far as I know, we are still planning on playing in the winter Olympics in China...wow, just wow, American politics and the issuing radical corporate pushback is going to sink us as a nation. Honestly, God love all people, but how is it fair for born guys to compete with born girls? It's just not and it's a disservice to both to even play that game. Maybe a trans league of their own is the answer?

Btw, "there's no crying in baseball."
Important note for the whole discussion: this isn't about whether people have the right to be trans. So often that gets confused. If you want to lop off your manhood, then you do what you feel is best, even if I think that's insane. You have that right. But me saying I'm 65 years old when I'm actually 25 doesn't qualify me for Social Security. Sure, I could say it all day long, but it doesn't mean I'm getting checks in the mail. Same applies here.

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I would love to see the people who are fly fishing with a cane pole, leather waders, and hand made hooks and people are clamoring to spectate it or pay money to buy products endorsed for it

when was the last time you watched a hunting show where the guy used a bow, arrow and a rock arrow head they made themselves. Why don't they hunt like this every time? I mean why aren't they competing like this now at archery tournaments? Why do coed archery teams compete at the highest level of archery sports now? It has nothing to do with the technology in the bows and arrows which has level the playing field so that both men and women can be just as proficient with a modern bow ?

View attachment 89794

What is the essence of sport? is it not competition?
So tons of people still use recurve bows and there are hunts specifically for them. But you are leaping to exoskeletons and only competing with machines. Again we still use wooden bats.....and they can’t be corked....they have to meet length/weight standards....you can’t put foreign substances on them to an advantage. We both know sports being played by people isn’t going away. I mean we still wrestle, punch each other, line up and race.....it doesn’t get much more simplistic than that. We don’t allow brass knuckles or rocket exoskeleton shoes. If we do we aren’t racing anymore the shoes are. We do compete with machines already but we make that fair. We don’t put an Formula 1 cars on the track at the NASCAR race

You’re talking apples and oranges. This issue is either going to be accepted to the detriment of a number of cis female athletes but probably not on a scale that it completely ruins them or will go away when cis females say enough is enough.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
maybe if we didn't force girls out of or to question their gender identity with this kind of legislation and acceptance there would be no such thing as a gender identity disorder.

When you let men play women's sports it kinda tells women, that the very definition of their gender is fluid, their gender can be legislated, and punishes them for being women.
Yes, because gender fluidity has never existed in the history of humanity until the last 10 years.

Come'on dude. You're being naïve. :oops:

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Also, reading this again, does your post mean you're against Title IX? Because that's where this all started and why we're having this conversation in the first place. That's the original 'force legislation'

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Also, reading this again, does your post mean you're against Title IX? Because that's where this all started and why we're having this conversation in the first place. That's the original 'force legislation'
I'm not against Title IX. I AM against how far reaching it is as it only applies to institutions that receive federal funding..this has grown to include 16,500 public school districts, over 7,000 colleges and even includes Libraries and Museums that get federal funding.

It has grown into a monster that is causing unintended consequences and conflicts now I believe. I think some of the issues caused by Title IX should be state issues and not Federal issues

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I wonder if there will be a point when liberal feminists start thinking this is technically a person with XY chromosomes taking a scholarship away from a person with XX chromosomes.
I mean if they really want to compete why not with other transgender people? We have seen how unfair it is for a transgender women to compete with other women, but i guess there is a very limited number of other transgender people to compete with though.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I mean if they really want to compete why not with other transgender people? We have seen how unfair it is for a transgender women to compete with other women, but i guess there is a very limited number of other transgender people to compete with though.
it is estimated that ~1% of all NCAA athletes are Trans and Trans people make up less than 1% of the total US population. Sounds like something Oklahoma should write legislation about and then spend money in court fighting for, while threatening millions of $$ in yearly revenue for the state

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Important note for the whole discussion: this isn't about whether people have the right to be trans. So often that gets confused. If you want to lop off your manhood, then you do what you feel is best, even if I think that's insane. You have that right. But me saying I'm 65 years old when I'm actually 25 doesn't qualify me for Social Security. Sure, I could say it all day long, but it doesn't mean I'm getting checks in the mail. Same applies here.
That's a big part of the problem, they aren't lopping man parts.