1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

New football ticket policy for visiting teams

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by OklaStateU, Jul 10, 2017.

1. CowboyMedic

CowboyMedic OP Medic

Lucky my former sooner sister has converted to the good side. Last Bedlam game she wore that nasty color to was 2011.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
    A/V Subscriber

Yeah, I think you're being a tad bit hyperbolic here.

If you took the 3,000 allotted tickets away, there would be thousands less Sooner fans in attendance. And this is because there are always going to be the same amount of OSU fans at the game that would never sell their tickets to a Sooner fan.

It isn't as if those fans are suddenly going to change their minds about that principal just because an allotment is no longer given.

Now, can some new OSU fans take some of those 3,000 tickets and sell them to Sooner fans? Yes. Absolutely. But it won't be all of them. It wouldn't even be close.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OSU79

OSU79 Territorial Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I propose to do what I've always done: yell vile shit at them, occasionally throw a little something their way, and once in a great while poke them in chest or give them a little shove off of their seat.

The good news is I'm almost 60 and hope to mature somewhat over the next 20-25 years.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. osupsycho

osupsycho Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

I am betting that would not completely be true because if you took 3000 gooner tickets away they will be more likely to pay much higher prices that will make some OSU fans decide to go ahead and sell that they may not have before....

5. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
    A/V Subscriber

Perhaps...but not 3,000 of them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cowboycramer

cowboycramer Deputy

Should be better this year!

The lower section where visiting bands are typically seated is now season ticket holders (section 120).

I say we put them up in the corner of 334!!

upload_2017-7-14_10-23-42.png

7. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I wish we'd put our band back in the back of the east endzone. I'm sure band people don't like that idea.

8. cowboycramer

cowboycramer Deputy

Absolutely Not! My first year here in the band we were there before the west endzone was completed. It was HOT AS HELL!
    I wish they would put in seating on that end though. However difficult with the amount of sun they directly face. It might be cooler to do suites that are at the field level? Like the Dallas Cowboys?
    You could easily put in 5-10 suites down there. Inside/outside areas. So people could watch from inside to keep cool/warm depending on the weather. There's not a whole lot of space though. Would be cool though!

9. coloradocowboy

Forgive me for I have sinned. I sold my two 1964 Bedlam tix to an OU fan. He gave me FORTY DOLLARS, which might have been most of a months groceries then. Having said that, I realize now that I am destined for eternal damnation for such an egregious act.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Family of Pokes

I'm 62 and can't report a large amount of progress on the maturity spectrum. However, in the interest of getting along the rest of the season and the seasons yet to come, I'm a little less confrontational.

11. OrangeInPhilly

That's ok. I bought my 2002 Bedlam tix from a Sooner fan. I'll let my good deed atone for your sin.

12. Family of Pokes

I'm guessing the visiting band will be in the bottom area of 228 so they can access the gate that will take them to the ramp for field access. I'd hate to be a "donor" in 120 getting "boolah-boolahed" in the back of my head for an entire game.

13. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Cut 10 OU flags off cars next football season and lay them at the feet of the Pistol Pete statue in GIA, sing the Alma Mater, and you will be forgiven.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  14. Family of Pokes

OK, I guess a guy's got to eat. Say 10 "Hail Gundys" and mail a check for that inflation-adusted $40 to the OSU Foundation and all is forgiven....LOL -- :koolaid::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  15. wrenhal

wrenhal Territorial Marshal

Besides it shouldn't be as cold this year since it's not the last game of the season.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

16. wrenhal

wrenhal Territorial Marshal

They are still too close to gia. They bounce their sound off of it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

17. louisianasooner

louisianasooner Wrangler

As a middle/high school band director and an OU fan, I'd like to thank your press box twice for that classy move.

Don't get me started on the trend of playing ads/obnoxiously loud music at college games instead of letting the band play. Let's just pay the players and call it the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Total Poop Total Poop x 1
  18. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

If OU's band didn't take such pride in trying to annoy the crap out of people with the same 4 notes (2 words) repeatedly I might just agree with you.

Try hard enough to be a jack wagon, don't be surprised when people treat you like a jack wagon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. louisianasooner

louisianasooner Wrangler

It's called Pride in our fight song. Plenty of bands play theirs over and over.

At least we don't air out our armpits when we score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Total Poop Total Poop x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  20. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Maybe you should.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1