News flash!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'd say the Big 12 is looking pretty solid so far this bowl season. There's a fair chance we go 5-0.

Oct 29, 2016
US
If we win 8-9 games all is well....its the OSU standard of football
A good portion of my life has been spent wondering if OSU will ever win more than 2-3 games a season. It wasn't fun. At all. I am extremely happy that success has been found with OSU football. I think far too many OSU fans have become bored with success, so they bestow unrealistic expectations for OSU football. It takes everything I have to not slap OSU fans who harbor such expectations, for they are ungrateful, to say the least. They're buffoons for doing so, especially the fire Gundy fools who publicly display their ignorance for the whole world to see on this forum.

I love OSU's success. I enjoy it immensely. And when I hear buffoons saying Gundy needs to leave, it makes my blood pressure boil.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
A good portion of my life has been spent wondering if OSU will ever win more than 2-3 games a season. It wasn't fun. At all. I am extremely happy that success has been found with OSU football. I think far too many OSU fans have become bored with success, so they bestow unrealistic expectations for OSU football. It takes everything I have to not slap OSU fans who harbor such expectations, for they are ungrateful, to say the least. They're buffoons for doing so, especially the fire Gundy fools who publicly display their ignorance for the whole world to see on this forum.

I love OSU's success. I enjoy it immensely. And when I hear buffoons saying Gundy needs to leave, it makes my blood pressure boil.
k

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If we win 8-9 games all is well....its the OSU standard of football

My blood doesn’t boil, but I do wonder how some people dress themselves every morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Isn’t that what you sorta accuse Gundy of doing, giving up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, why not? I concede your argument. OU is awesome and we should never expect to beat them. It’s a complete waste of time and resources to even try. Let’s just call it a day and grant them their superiority over us.

We are stupid for ever being upset about losing to ou. Many others have said so on this message board. I am just saying we should accept their point. Let’s just accept the inevitable and move on.

ou’s awesome..so there’s no shame in surrendering without a fight, right? Right? I mean, it’s just another game...

Sep 9, 2012
I find it odd that people keep living in the past when it comes to football. I believe Blackmon addressed this very issue in an interview. Whoever it was said that this isn't the osu of old, it's the osu of now. I remember 1991, doesn't mean I should be content with 6 wins a year and going to some crap bowl.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I keep hearing how we should essentially know our role and be happy with the success we have because we used to suck. Please tell me the story about walking to school through the snow uphill both ways. The biggest difference between pre Gundy and Gundy years is Lewis Field isn't there anymore, it's Boone Pickens Stadium and it is what made going to bowl games every year possible. We were in a race driving a 58 nash metropolitan and now we have an iroc camaro. Maybe not the shinyest thing around but she can hold her own. Our driver however has went from a daredevil to a guy thats trying to save gas. That's why people are upset even with wins.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
OU has a chance to return 21 of the 22 starters I saw. It's hard to argue that they won't have a shot at the whole thing next season. Firing Mike Stoops was the worst thing for other Big 12 schools, it's crazy what Grinch has done in 2 years. I'm sorry to not drink the koolaid but does anyone see us placing in the top 3 next season? ou is going to win it again and I think Texas has their QB, ISU should be solid again, and Baylor is going to have some potential. I just don't see us being a big threat next year

Mar 8, 2010
Under Riley, uo is slowly developing into a third super elite football program and next year could very well be up there with Alabama and Clemson next year. It sucks we have to live in the same state, but I still say we should be able to beat them as often as Auburn beats their in-state rival. I too was a season ticket holder when we felt fortunate to win four games, but I'm not willing to give Gundy a bye just because he has us at a different level. He doesn't know how to beat uo and doesn't seem to understand how important that is to our fans. Conference championships go through Norman and we will never win another one as long as he's at OSU and Riley is at uo.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

I also have lived through the difficult seasons, the embarrassing times, and the two big sanctions of the modern era.

If we wish to run a "good enough" program as you are happy with I can live with that, but they need to cut coaching salaries, they need to cut ticket prices and get back to a more Saturday social gathering with reasonable concession prices and exit allowed after entry all built around a football game. I have no problem with that concept and I rather enjoyed those days.

If we are going to try and be a football school then be a football school. Demand the higher level of performance, expect to win, and hold coaches accountable. This in between stuff is dividing our fan base.

Paying Gundy a top 15 salary to lose games that they should not lose and to never compete with the instate conference power is not acceptable at his pay grade if we are trying to be a football school. Either build the program or don't.

The administration, boosters and regents just need to make a decision. I'm an orange lifer either way, just make a decision.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OU has a chance to return 21 of the 22 starters I saw. It's hard to argue that they won't have a shot at the whole thing next season. Firing Mike Stoops was the worst thing for other Big 12 schools, it's crazy what Grinch has done in 2 years. I'm sorry to not drink the koolaid but does anyone see us placing in the top 3 next season? ou is going to win it again and I think Texas has their QB, ISU should be solid again, and Baylor is going to have some potential. I just don't see us being a big threat next year
Why is Baylor in the conversation for next year?