Next Year!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
I feel like Thomas Dziagwa could be setting up for one of these "Mitchell Solomon" type senior seasons. Where no one really expected much from him but he came out and was a much improved and well-rounded player. Solomon was really impressive and a big contributor his senior year especially compared to his previous years.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I feel like Thomas Dziagwa could be setting up for one of these "Mitchell Solomon" type senior seasons. Where no one really expected much from him but he came out and was a much improved and well-rounded player. Solomon was really impressive and a big contributor his senior year especially compared to his previous years.
do you not know Dizzy's stats on the year? He's only .6 ppg from being our leading scorer, as a Junior.

I don't see how he can improve much on 11.7 ppg. no knock on either player, but I think it's apparent that Dizzy's JR season was much, much better than what we saw from Mitch's JR season.

Dizzy should be solid and be a big contributor, but hopefully our 3 Seniors get fewer minutes, just because we'll have a bench this year.

Seriously, you guys are thinking that Dizzy will significantly improve on last season? (most improvement for a player happens between seasons 1 and 2, or 2 and 3, depending on redshirt status)

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I hope you're right, but I just think the comparison here is a little off.

Solomon's minutes were much easier to come by in the post & there was virtually nobody else to compete for those. Dziagwa has experience, no doubt, but more guys to compete with for playing time.

Mar 27, 2008
I hope you're right, but I just think the comparison here is a little off.

Solomon's minutes were much easier to come by in the post & there was virtually nobody else to compete for those. Dziagwa has experience, no doubt, but more guys to compete with for playing time.
That's a good point.

Nov 6, 2010
do you not know Dizzy's stats on the year? He's only .6 ppg from being our leading scorer, as a Junior.

I don't see how he can improve much on 11.7 ppg. no knock on either player, but I think it's apparent that Dizzy's JR season was much, much better than what we saw from Mitch's JR season.

Dizzy should be solid and be a big contributor, but hopefully our 3 Seniors get fewer minutes, just because we'll have a bench this year.

Seriously, you guys are thinking that Dizzy will significantly improve on last season? (most improvement for a player happens between seasons 1 and 2, or 2 and 3, depending on redshirt status)
I think his 3 pt percentage will improve, but points will go down. He won't play as many minutes, so his legs will be under him. And he won't have to shoot as many bad shots next year because we'll have more options for scoring. His PPG will go down, but he will be much more effective, IMO.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
I think he will average double figures but be more effective. He will have fresher legs as not playing so many heavy minutes and also we have more shot creators on the floor which will help his spot up game. His spacing will be vital with the play makers we have and only help their game also. I see him getting good minutes.