1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NOK - Boynton ready to work on team, fans

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Gman, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Gman

Gman Sheriff

http://newsok.com/boynton-ready-to-work-on-team-fans/article/5543075

"To know that as well as people are pulling for me, there are some pulling against me,” Boynton said. “I get that. I understand there are some people who don't want to see this work out. But I challenge those people to give me a chance and watch it happen, because it always has.”

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

None of the anger for Holder or Underwood should land on Boynton. He's our guy now and deserves full support.

• Like Like x 41
  3. jetman

jetman Federal Marshal

I don't know of anyone who wants to see Boynton fail. I certainly don't.

• Like Like x 18
  4. Jb_Poke

Jb_Poke Deputy

Absolutely, he got a huge unexpected promotion. He did nothing wrong in this deal.

• Like Like x 8
  5. newpoke

newpoke Deputy

I feel great about this hire. Underwood thought enough of him to bring him to OSU after a successful stint at SFA. Give him a chance. Welcome HCMB!

• Like Like x 5
  6. NTXPokette

NTXPokette Greenhorn

I'd be lying if I said I was excited about the hire - but my disappointment and frustration are aimed solely at Holder. Boynton is our coach and he has my support, end of story. I sincerely hope he has many many successful seasons in Stillwater!

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 2
  7. petropoke

petropoke Sheriff

I hate that he thinks there's even a fraction of our fan base rooting against him. I sure would hope not.

#7 petropoke, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  8. FlamingAggie

FlamingAggie Deputy

Plenty of vemon being spewed at Holder, but I've seen very few if any attacks against Coach Boynton himself. I'm rooting for him as much as anybody but just think he's been put in a nearly impossible situation.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gman

Gman Sheriff

No doubt. However, he looks at Twitter like nearly everyone else, so he doesn't have to look far to see what some have said. Many loyal and true fans immediately responded to the news of his hiring by saying that GIA would be a ghost town next season, and that they refused to go to any games.

• Like Like x 2
  10. POISON

POISON Deputy

Im rooting for the guy despite wanting Doug to get the job, I'd never wish any OSU coach to fail....:pistols:

• Like Like x 8
  11. Gman

Gman Sheriff

I have a feeling that he will be able to get some long and athletic players that can defend the three point shot and get in the passing lanes, which is something that we desperately need to compete at the highest level. Plus, I think guys will play hard for him, which is one of the most important things in basketball.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sportsfan89

sportsfan89 Deputy

The only ones that wants to see him fail are outside the Cowboy family.

• Like Like x 4
  13. llcoolw

llcoolw Sheriff

14. jetman

jetman Federal Marshal

From Boynton's quote, it sounds like he thinks that there are fans are pulling for him to fail. I'm sure there are the random idiots out there that are, but that is very small minority. I get that it's a tough situation because people are directing anger at Holder because of the hire. But this isn't anything against Boynton. It's against the total unknown of where this is going to go. I hope Boynton becomes the next great coach in college basketball, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'll still watch the team and I'll still go to any game I get the chance to go to.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OSUPsych

OSUPsych Deputy

I am more disappointed and saddened by this hire than anything. Still, I sincerely want Boynton to be like Frank Martin, except if he gets that good, I'd want him to stay (Frank Martin's hire was treated pretty similarly to how we feel now when he got hired at k state after only having been an assistant). I'll still watch and support the team. Still, I think Holder just communicated to everyone that he sees us as a football only school. Maybe we have to accept that football is now the only real priority of the athletic department. Excuse me while I throw up a bit for having typed that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Burton Cummings

It's sounds like a little passive-aggressive behavior from our new coach.
    Is there anyone here that wants him.....or any....OSU coach to fail?! I don't think so.

So he wasn't anyone's first choice, but we certainly DO want him to succeed. He's our coach, he's family and we want him to rock.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OSUPsych

OSUPsych Deputy

I could see how he got that impression. Several fans, myself included, reacted furiously and lashed out with hurt. A lot of the fan response was far less than welcoming. Maybe he didn't express his recognition of that well, but he'll have more and better opportunities for that in the coming days.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

FYI HCMB will be in studio on the the Sunday night sports blitz.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Burton Cummings

He IS a snappy dresser.

20. ramases2112

ramases2112 Territorial Marshal

We dont
    We dont have to accept anything Holder is saying about our BBall Program. Ill support the new hire no doubt, but I refuse to believe that with support from the AD and fans that this program is a top 20 to top 15 program when rolling. His comment about being equal to Kstate,TTech, and Iowa state is something he should be immediately fired for.

• Dislike Dislike x 1