1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NOK - Boynton ready to work on team, fans

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Gman, Mar 25, 2017.

1. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Federal Marshal

Honestly Lamont Evans is the one that got their two studs to South Carolina. The one that just one regional MVP and Dozier.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CowboyHoopsPride

I've said similar since he was hired.

He hasnt even run a practice yet and some have already stated this is a failure. Just not sure he'll get a fair shake from a portion of the fan base. No idea how big that portion is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. ramases2112

ramases2112 Territorial Marshal

HCMB and Lamont both brought in those two studs. Im pretty sure HCMB was the one that got Thornwell and Evans brought in Dozier if I remember correctly.

4. OSU1994

OSU1994 Cowboy

When Eddie had mediocre talent, he still won games in march. Especially, Big12 tourney.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm Your Captain!
    A/V Subscriber

Eddie isn't the coach any more. Look ahead, not at the past like a Sooner.

#65 CPTNQUIRK, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Poke Flyfisher

Quirk - What a lame post. Of course the past is important, as it tradition. It give us a bar to measure where are in the present and shows what we can become, and right now our basketball program doesn't measure up very well to Iba and Eddie. You must be a

• Total Poop Total Poop x 3
  7. Class of 1970

Class of 1970 Cowboy

I keep thinking and saying here that the Eddie Sutton era represents a lesson for OSU and therefore it should be a tradition that is kept up. The lesson, in my mind, at least, is that if you want to attract good recruits you are going to have to win big. And if you are going to win big you must hire a big time coach who has a history of big time success. That was Eddie Sutton. There have been exceptions to this, but the odds are in favor of relying on this formula for success. Who really wants to play for a no name coach when your future is geared to wanting to be prepared to play at the next level? That is the reason some of the great wrestlers have picked OSU, just so they work with John Smith because of his success in international competition. So pay the going rate for success if you want success in Stillwater. Did Brad Underwood have the kind of success that matches his demand to jump from one million to 3 million? I think not! But if I was the AD, I would have then gone out and hired a coach who has proven to be worth 3 million. So instead of keeping Eddie Sutton in the past, I think what he taught the school should always be kept in the present when anyone is wondering why have not been going anywhere in basketball for the past several years. One and done at the NCAA tournament is what needs to be kept in the past. I hope that Mike Boynton proves me wrong.

8. Dr. Kenneth J. Moore

Living in south Florida for many years, this is the first time I have actually heard about recruiting in this area by our coaching staff. South Florida is a recruiting mecca for almost any sport yet seldom do we recruit this area. I know it costs money, but having a coach that is familiar with the high school coaches is a must, and someone on the coaching staff ( I have not heard who it is) has already made their presence known. When I wear one of my OSU T-shirts lately people have come up to me and wanted to talk basketball and football. That's never happened before. Go Pokes!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. CPTNQUIRK

A/V Subscriber

Why not strive to be on the level of KU or UNC?

• Like Like x 1
  10. triton1995

triton1995 Banned
    Banned

Good luck getting a kid from south beach to come to Stillwater. Just sayin. No doubt a lot of talent but no chance.

• Total Poop Total Poop x 8
  11. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

So the two that have signed from Miami don't count?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
    • LOL LOL x 1
  12. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

The Graham brothers from Florida were pathetic in Stillwater. :derp:

• Like Like x 4
  13. triton1995

triton1995 Banned
    Banned

They also were transfers and going to play for a legend. Lets face it. The bar has been lowered.

• Total Poop Total Poop x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. triton1995

triton1995 Banned
    Banned

Graham brothers they aren't. We'll see if it works out. Hope they are big 12 caliber.

• Total Poop Total Poop x 5
  15. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

Pretty sure that Dawson is ranked higher than either Joey or Stevie. You made a statement in your post that is completely false and because you've been called out it proves that you're about as smart as a mud fence.

#75 bacowboy, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Cstraw

Cstraw Cowboy

How do you know that as someone in OK noy SC

17. Class of 1970

Class of 1970 Cowboy

Nothing against Boynton, it is the AD that is the failure.

• LOL LOL x 1
  18. Poke Flyfisher

Class of 70 - Agree 100%. Got to think that Castigleone would have found a way to keep a coach who was endeared by the fan base. That's what good leaders do, find a way.

19. CPTNQUIRK

A/V Subscriber

Come on now. Underwood wanted more than he has proved that he is worth. Apparently you wanted to risk a repeat of the Travis Ford contract fiasco.

• Like Like x 3
  20. osupsycho

osupsycho Deputy
    A/V Subscriber

Well it is officially the off season, got everyone beating dead horses left and right... :derp:

• LOL LOL x 1