Now that Non-Con is over....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
What are your predictions for conference season?
We play true home and home schedule. We can either sweep a team, split with a team or go 0fer with a team. This is where my thoughts are.
Tech (Split)
Texas (Spit)
Iowa State (Sweep or Split)
K State (Sweep)
Kansas (0 or split)
TCU (Sweep or Split)
West Virginia (0 or split)
OU (Sweep or Split)
Baylor (0 or Split)

I think 10-8 to 8-10 in league play is where we are fighting.

Thoughts?

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
We play true home and home schedule. We can either sweep a team, split with a team or go 0fer with a team. This is where my thoughts are.
Tech (Split)
Texas (Spit)
K State (Sweep)
Kansas (0 or split)
TCU (Sweep or Split)
OU (Sweep or Split)
Baylor (0 or Split)

Thoughts?
Think we sweep Tech, Texas, Iowa State, K-State and TCU and split with the rest for a 14-4 record.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Tech (Split)
Texas (Spit)
K State (Sweep)
Kansas (0 or split)
TCU (Sweep or Split)
OU (Sweep or Split)
Baylor (0 or Split)

Thoughts?
These are my thoughts exactly. 7 conference wins would be a major disappointment. Anything more than 10 conference wins would be extremely impressive. I would take a 9-9 conference record in a heartbeat.

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
I am currently looking for the spiked koolaid.. I need it
No Koolaid. This team has the ability to compete with any of these teams and the coaching staff has proven that we can go into places with less talent (WVU, KU) and win. I think the youngsters (Harris, Boone twins) will finally get it by February. Laurent is finding his role after being lost for first two months. Anderson has to play under control (in my opinion he gets lazy on defense) and not think that what he did in high school he can replicate at this level. Of course everyone staying healthy is key.

We'll see on Saturday if I am right.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Wanna see what happens Saturday at Tech. It won't define our season, but we can't have scoring droughts and stupid fouls, and expect to compete in this league. From top to bottom the Big 12 is a buzz-saw. And to be honest really looking forward to it. There's good basketball going to be played in the Big 12 this year. Plus, I refilled my heart medication, so I'm ready to go.

Sep 23, 2010
I don't care who you are. Those first few road games in conference are very difficult. Most Big 12 teams have a solid record after non-conference so no teams are checking it in yet. K State would be the closest thing this year to that status. They have not played well.

But, we have actually played better away from home this year. Tech and Coach Beard will be a chore though.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
If Ice is back for good and Yor can stay out of foul trouble that would help immensely. Tomorrow will be really telling. We could be a solid mid seed tournament team or we could get railed in conference play.

I'm not sure the youngens have progressed enough to really help shoulder the load and the seniors haven't been consistently sharp. That's my biggest concern. It's hard to expect much more progression from the bench guys at this point in the season, but you never know. D up!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Did Tech have huge player loss since last year? Dont keep up with them, but they were Big12 champs and #2 in the country last year. Surprised at sweep predictions.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Did Tech have huge player loss since last year? Dont keep up with them, but they were Big12 champs and #2 in the country last year. Surprised at sweep predictions.
They lost several seniors but still have plenty of firepower. Last year they embarrassed us in GIA and we took them to OT in Lubbock.

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
They lost some very good NBA players last year so the team is young. I believe they are formidable but beatable. It will be a tough game but one I think we can win.

Sep 23, 2010
They have a big win against Louisville but have some blemishes. They are beatable but Beard is very good at piecing a team together quickly.

Feb 18, 2009
9-9 gets us in the tourney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are my thoughts exactly. 7 conference wins would be a major disappointment. Anything more than 10 conference wins would be extremely impressive. I would take a 9-9 conference record in a heartbeat.
I would too but I am not entirely sure 9-9 gets us in. That's an 18-12 overall record going into conference tourney. If our 9 league wins are against the bottom half, it won't do us any favors.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They have a big win against Louisville but have some blemishes. They are beatable but Beard is very good at piecing a team together quickly.
Just to prove that they are beatable and not the cream of the conference at this point....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
If the seniors step up and execute and show a lot more leadership than they have been or if Yor and Ice just carry us I could see us going 9-9. I really can’t see better than 10-8. If we don’t play like we are capable of then it’s going to be 6-12 or 7-11