Officer and 9 others killed in Boulder CO

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Random shooting. Some dude went into a grocery store. It was busy there as the pharmacy was also giving COVID-19 shots in the store.
Suspect was arrested.

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1374367012600840192

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Apparently the brother of the gunman says that he was paranoid and always thought people were watching him and chasing him, when there wasn't anyone there. He says it was a mental health issue and it sounds like one--schizophrenia in particular.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
gunman is Ahmad Alissa of Arvada CO (which is a couple cities away from Boulder in the greater Denver area).

https://sputniknews.com/us/20210323...harged-with-10-counts-of-first-degree-murder/
So even though the Atlanta gunman, and the local Atlanta police, told us the Atlanta killer was a hate crime ...since it was largely someone from one race killing someone from another race. Media and some politicians insisted it was a hate crime.

Will the media and politicians insist this crime by Ahmad al-Aliwi Alissa was also a hate crime?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
So even though the Atlanta gunman, and the local Atlanta police, told us the Atlanta killer was a hate crime ...since it was largely someone from one race killing someone from another race. Media and some politicians insisted it was a hate crime.

Will the media and politicians insist this crime by Ahmad al-Aliwi Alissa was also a hate crime?
no. AR15. this is gun control is necessary this time.

nonAR-15 used in Atlanta shootings. gun control not necessary.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
no. AR15. this is gun control is necessary this time.

nonAR-15 used in Atlanta shootings. gun control not necessary.
This Tweet from the NRA last week is what is fueling the Gun Control issue over this particular shooting.'

Boulders ban on AR 15's with high capacity mags was struck down last week. Then this happened. People are naturally trying to tie the situations together.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
This Tweet from the NRA last week is what is fueling the Gun Control issue over this particular shooting.'

Boulders ban on AR 15's with high capacity mags was struck down last week. Then this happened.

Disagree.

Now media outlets have caught onto this decision, and are correlating the two things to give the impression that the AR15 ban would have stopped it. Alleged perpetrator was from Arvada, not Boulder.

Even assuming arguendo the alleged shooter was from Boulder, would it have REALLY stopped it with a person who reportedly has mental illness?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Boulders ban on AR 15's with high capacity mags was struck down last week. Then this happened.

Disagree.

Now media outlets have caught onto this decision, and are correlating the two things to give the impression that the AR15 ban would have stopped it. Alleged perpetrator was from Arvada, not Boulder.

Even assuming arguendo the alleged shooter was from Boulder, would it have REALLY stopped it with a person who reportedly has mental illness?
Gun control isn't designed to stop crazy people from killing people. It's designed to disarm the populace and the law abiding gun owners.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Disagree.

It wasn't the media perpetuating this story. This NRA tweet and then the shooting was already topic #1 surrounding this shooting on social media prior to them even knowing how many had died in the shooting. People had already linked them together via social media HEAVILY before the media even started digging into the story. The media just went with what the public narrative already was about this incident.

Don't get me wrong. I do not think the two are related in any way (the tweet and the shooting) I'm just pointing out where the outraged public had already gone to before the bodies were cool.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
It wasn't the media perpetuating this story. This NRA tweet and then the shooting was already topic #1 surrounding this shooting on social media prior to them even knowing how many had died in the shooting. People had already linked them together via social media HEAVILY before the media even started digging into the story. The media just went with what the public narrative already was about this incident.

Don't get me wrong. I do not think the two are related in any way (the tweet and the shooting) I'm just pointing out where the outraged public had already gone to before the bodies were cool.
Yeah, but people on social media are not the same as news organizations. There is a higher standard. News orgs should be informing rather than parroting bullcrap on social media. News orgs are now irresponsibly linking them. They should be held accountable.

Google "boulder colorado assault weapon ban" and you can see all the usual press suspects piling on with clickbaity titles linking the two.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

Boulders ban on AR 15's with high capacity mags was struck down last week. Then this happened. People are naturally trying to tie the situations together.

He was also a Trump hating, homophobic Muslim who randomly gunned down a bunch of white people but that angle wont get discussed, only the weapon he used.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I doubt we'll ever learn the medication he was on. There seem to be a lot of correlation between mass shooters and antidepressants or antipsychotics. The reason these people are on the medication could be one of the reason they snap and kill people; however, I believe there are side effects to the medication which push these people off the deep end.