Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
ISU got their super bowl win today. Storming the field as favorites.

The spot was trash...but shouldn't have put ourselves in that spot either.

3rd Quarters have been terrible so far and the coaching stuff really needs to figure some things out. 3 points all year in the 3rd I believe I saw.

Sanders had one of his better games..3 scores and no turnovers.

Presley was awesome. Great to see they're trying to get him the ball.

Everything is still in front of the Cowboys. The schedule sets up nicely and OSU should be favored in every game up until Bedlam.. Gotta take care of business.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
thoughts on last drive...Bray, catch the ball, or at least know the play might come your way...Spencer, make sure all players are set before clapping your f*&(king hands...those two plays costs us huge...

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

3rd Quarters have been terrible so far and the coaching stuff really needs to figure some things out. 3 points all year in the 3rd I believe I saw.

Everything is still in front of the Cowboys. The schedule sets up nicely and OSU should be favored in every game up until Bedlam.. Gotta take care of business.
I know lots of OSU fans like ISU, but I’ve never cared for them. They boo calls like OU plays Boomer Sooner.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
I don't think he is to blame for the loss but I think his ceiling is a limitation on what the offense can do. 70 yards in penalties and 2 missed field goals is what I personally point at. 2 evenly matched teams and 0 turnovers (I think)- so the little stuff matters.
Agree and ISU yes, being at home w/back against the wall and Our Guru Purdy go for 27 of his 33 pass attempts - ok maybe just give him a small raise?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Tanner Brown and poor officiating cost OSU the game far more than Spencer or coaches. It was bound to happen, this team has lived on the edge all season.

No worries; they will bounce back, get better, and keep grinding.
Everyone seems to forget the officials gave us an absolute steal of a call when they called off that touchdown by the receiver from ISU for showboating…that was a very weak call and should have been one we took advantage of, but they scored two plays later anyway. The reality is these were evenly matched teams but one had a better, more balanced offense and more aggressive play calling/confidence in their qb
Not like the showboating call really changed the outcome of the game. They scored anyway.

It affected the game by pissing them off, you could say.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Everyone knew you couldn’t keep winning like we were…except Gundy.
What is interesting was Gundy talked about how Knowles has been successful at OSU because he was willing to change his approach when he figured out his typical schemes wouldn’t work in the BIG 12. Gundy said that it is rare to find a seasoned coach who is willing to make those types of changes. He praised Knowles for being adaptable. I wonder if Gundy thinks he is as open minded as Knowles? Pretty hilarious right?

Dec 12, 2020
OKC

I wish I could be so positive. I'd say we've got about a 30% chance of making it now, down from about a 80% chance had we won ('cause we'd have had tiebreakers with every good, non-OU team, plus we'd still be undefeated).

The truth is, ISU was an unfortunate team for us to lose to. Pretty much, we need to beat OU now, because otherwise, we won't own tiebreakers with either OU or ISU, and those will be the two teams playing for the conference championship yet again—unless of course ISU loses two more times, say...to OU and Texas. While that could happen, it's not exactly controlling our own destiny to need a Texas win over ISU. Last year, we were in the exact same situation, only to make the whole thing moot because we also lost to TCU (in addition to OU).

Interestingly, our remaining schedule is identical to ISU's, except we've got Kansas whereas they've got Texas. Again, we need Texas to beat ISU, and we can't afford to lose even 1 more game other than OU.

The good news: We finally got some decent offensive production, and our D, while not dominant like we needed, was still pretty good. And I'm not aware of any major injuries. That's a bigger deal than we like to let ourselves admit each week. It could be that if ISU does stumble in the next few weeks, it'll be due to them suffering injuries to some key players. For what it's worth, none of this matters if we just go undefeated from now on, and OU looks more beatable than in past years.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa

We are a good win for them but far from their Super Bowl. Win's over Texas and especially OU are still the Super Bowls of the Big12.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I wish I could be so positive. I'd say we've got about a 30% chance of making it now, down from about a 80% chance had we won ('cause we'd have had tiebreakers with every good, non-OU team, plus we'd still be undefeated).

The truth is, ISU was an unfortunate team for us to lose to. Pretty much, we need to beat OU now, because otherwise, we won't own tiebreakers with either OU or ISU, and those will be the two teams playing for the conference championship yet again—unless of course ISU loses two more times, say...to OU and Texas. While that could happen, it's not exactly controlling our own destiny to need a Texas win over ISU. Last year, we were in the exact same situation, only to make the whole thing moot because we also lost to TCU (in addition to OU).

Interestingly, our remaining schedule is identical to ISU's, except we've got Kansas whereas they've got Texas. Again, we need Texas to beat ISU, and we can't afford to lose even 1 more game other than OU.

The good news: We finally got some decent offensive production, and our D, while not dominant like we needed, was still pretty good. And I'm not aware of any major injuries. That's a bigger deal than we like to let ourselves admit each week. It could be that if ISU does stumble in the next few weeks, it'll be due to them suffering injuries to some key players. For what it's worth, none of this matters if we just go undefeated from now on, and OU looks more beatable than in past years.
I know it’s a long shot with our vanilla offense, but we need to win out to make it to the CCG.

Sep 9, 2013
you guys got cheated. That was absolutely a first down. It was crystal clear the rb was on top of the offensive lineman on the replay. I can forgive the guys on the field missing it, but the replay was 100 percent clear and the call on the field should have been reversed.

That doesnt mean Oklahoma State wouldve won, but chances for OT would look good with that 1st down.