Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If you knew the rules then you would know that the runner is down when the offensive player he is on is down. The second the OL’s knee or elbow or butt hits the turf, the ball carrier is down. Now we won’t even mention the penalty that wasn’t called on that play since it is illegal for another offensive player to pull or lift a ball carrier forward. They can push but can’t pull, and that was very clear for the world to see. Now had they called the penalty, OSU would have gotten another play, I believe but they chose to ignore and give a generous mark on the first scenario.
Sounds like BS to me. How does a QB sneak ever work ? Often the OLman's on the ground or at least his knee is on the ground and the QB is on top of him. They let that go and don't call the QB down.
Fox rules expert didn't have a problem with being on the OLman. I'll trust him over you.
Go back to your cornfield.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
If you mean that all the other games would still be up for grabs, then KU has to be last, because if we lose to them, we're losing all the other games too.
ksu, TT, WVU, TCU, ISU, BU, OU, TX, KU

I suppose my point about KU would apply in the opposite sense to OU, and also strategically, I guess you wouldn't want to lose to a team you might be in a tight race with to make the CCG, both of which would probably push teams like ISU and BU in front of OU for 'least acceptable to lose to', but I cherry picked not to factor that in.
I ordered mine based on hate. And ku isn’t hated but I don’t want to lose to them either. I stand by the ordering. :p

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Sounds like BS to me. How does a QB sneak ever work ? Often the OLman's on the ground or at least his knee is on the ground and the QB is on top of him. They let that go and don't call the QB down.
Fox rules expert didn't have a problem with being on the OLman. I'll trust him over you.
Go back to your cornfield.
Easy there sport, just check the rules

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Just looked it up.

Nothing in rules about being down if you are laying on top of another offensive player who is down.

You are wrong, Mr Cyclone.
I have looked and I can’t find it either. I did find this. Article 3 sec 2b was an obvious violation and it appears they may have decided to claim forward progress stopped where your OL grabbed and pulled the ball carrier(which was on view for everyone to see). They are supposed to throw a flag on that which I believe would have given another play after assessment.

https://imgur.com/a/y5Zw1iN

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Yup, agree that pulling isn't allowed but when they review a spot they don't look for other rules violations.
Any replay review is specific to the point in question and not an open look at everything that went on in the play.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Yup, agree that pulling isn't allowed but when they review a spot they don't look for other rules violations.
Any replay review is specific to the point in question and not an open look at everything that went on in the play.
Rematch in Dallas would be appropriate. Both of these teams are banged up after Sat. That was the hardest hitting game so far in conference

Apr 7, 2006
Btw you never see that called. Never happens. Same can be said for the BS celebration penalty.

Cyclone fans need to run along and enjoy their time in the sun. The cupboard (players and coaches) is going to be bare next year.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Btw you never see that called. Never happens. Same can be said for the BS celebration penalty.

Cyclone fans need to run along and enjoy their time in the sun. The cupboard (players and coaches) is going to be bare next year.
Simply not true as depth is good. Outside folks just see losses of marquee players and assume big drop offs. I am surprised an OSU fan would make such a statement as it happens exactly that way in Stillwater

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Simply not true as depth is good. Outside folks just see losses of marquee players and assume big drop offs. I am surprised an OSU fan would make such a statement as it happens exactly that way in Stillwater
I don’t have an intimate knowledge of your depth, but it does seem like a prime opportunity for Campbell to make a move. Losing Purdy and Kolar seems to create questions about future success. The experience and intangibles aren’t easy to replace.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
I don’t have an intimate knowledge of your depth, but it does seem like a prime opportunity for Campbell to make a move. Losing Purdy and Kolar seems to create questions about future success. The experience and intangibles aren’t easy to replace.
He contemplated a move to the Browns last year, but ultimately his family decided that Ames is where they wanted to be. I don’t believe he is going anywhere anytime soon.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
With the transfer portal, a couple high end transfers could keep ISU afloat pretty easily. The job Campbell has done, I’m sure there’s some high end prospects that would highly consider playing for him.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
He contemplated a move to the Browns last year, but ultimately his family decided that Ames is where they wanted to be. I don’t believe he is going anywhere anytime soon.
Maybe, but that’s been a common refrain before a coach got a better offer and bolted. Campbell is fairly young and has no real ties to Ames that I can tell. Turning down consideration for the Browns while he still had Purdy and Kolar does not necessarily mean he’s locked down at ISU. There will be a lot of prominent openings for him to consider. Timing is everything.

Apr 7, 2006
Got it, so the QB who's set 31 school records is going to be replaced next year, at Iowa State. Lol.

And while you're at it, replace :
TE -Kolar, Chase Allen
WR- Hutchison, Milton
LB- Rose, Hummel, Vance
DB- Elsworth, Johnson
Punter/Kicker -Mevis

You're hoping you'll keep your coaches and be competitive again in 2024-2025.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Maybe, but that’s been a common refrain before a coach got a better offer and bolted. Campbell is fairly young and has no real ties to Ames that I can tell. Turning down consideration for the Browns while he still had Purdy and Kolar does not necessarily mean he’s locked down at ISU. There will be a lot of prominent openings for him to consider. Timing is everything.
He has a young family and they want to raise them in a good safe environment. Ames fits that bill to a T. He asked that his coordinators and coaches get the highest % of raises so the coordinators got bumped to $1M each. Other coaches were rewarded as well. Campbell is not $$$ driven. The college jobs that he would leave for are Ohio St & ND.

Apr 7, 2006
I'd be glad to see ISU beat OU and would be happy to have a chance to meet in Arlington. Unfortunately though, as an OSU fan I'm forced to stare reality in the face often and in this case it's clear that this is "the year" for Iowa State.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
I'd be glad to see ISU beat OU and would be happy to have a chance to meet in Arlington. Unfortunately though, as an OSU fan I'm forced to stare reality in the face often and in this case it's clear that this is "the year" for Iowa State.
We can win in Norman. We lost by 1 by going for two on the last trip, and won by 7 over Mayfield the time before. We aren’t intimidated playing there. And hopefully, there are many more years for ISU.