Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

EmptySeat

Territorial Marshal
Jan 20, 2007
For the O to have won it, you would have to remove JB's fumble and at least one other TO. This one was probably a team effort. All three phases were under par and we won. Coaching moment. We'll be better for this. Book your room in New Orleans.
I agree that we had an overall crappy game. Offense would roll, then bog, or turn it over, or fumble yet another sure TD into the end zone. Defense would force innumerable 3rd downs, and give up another freaking Klein run. We inexplicably kicked to KSU toward the end of the game and he made us pay. Everything that could go wrong, did.

And we still won.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Streets got my heart, game got my soul
D didn't win the game. Our O did. This was a shootout and we outscored our opponet.
D was very disappointing after that critical reverse play against them, but the O (particularly the bad TOs by our two superstars) put us int the bad hole to begin with. But then again, they (the Offense and Defense) came through in the clutch.

These type of QB's give us trouble. Ash chewed us up on the ground. I don't care what the stats say, RG III is our bitch, and Klein owned us. End result= 3-0.

So what do we have coming up. Doege isn't a duel threat, LJ isn't either. Who is the ISU QB?
ISU's QBis Jared Barnett (My High School QB), and he excels at running the...zone read option. Yup. Still think we beat Iowa State pretty handily, but yeah, this isn't the last of it.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
D didn't win it..did you watch the game? I believe KSU on our 5 and stopped them...I'd say D won it...I didn't see JB or BW out there playing D...
We lose that game without the defense making plays when they absolutely had to.
Seriously? So the final play is all your basing the game on? Not sound. Our opponent scored 45 points. We only won because we outscored them. Not because our D shut them down. Did you watch the game???
We lose the game without the offense making the plays they did to even keep us in it.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I agree that we had an overall crappy game. Offense would roll, then bog, or turn it over, or fumble yet another sure TD into the end zone. Defense would force innumerable 3rd downs, and give up another freaking Klein run. We inexplicably kicked to KSU toward the end of the game and he made us pay. Everything that could go wrong, did.

And we still won.
That's right. The only important part of that is "and we still won". I'm feeling good about the next two weeks.

Tuff

Deputy
Aug 8, 2009
NW Arkansas
Seriously? So the final play is all your basing the game on? Not sound. Our opponent scored 45 points. We only won because we outscored them. Not because our D shut them down. Did you watch the game???
We lose the game without the offense making the plays they did to even keep us in it.
Yes I watched most of the game...also...I would say a fumble by JB set up 7 for KSU (thats a lose for the O) and I do believe another fumble by JB....so it was a team effort..and yes a last minute play on our own 5 yard line with 5 seconds left or maybe it was 1 can't really remember but they stopped them from running it in...I don't care any way we are 9-0...Noven your always this way no suprise out of you...

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
ISU's QBis Jared Barnett (My High School QB), and he excels at running the...zone read option. Yup. Still think we beat Iowa State pretty handily, but yeah, this isn't the last of it.
I thought so. He could be trouble, but only if we come out and play like today. I think the boys are gonna straighten it out the next few weeks and then it Bedlam. I'll save my prediction for that game the week of. I'm feeling better about going into Bedlam undefeated than at any point this season.

EmptySeat

Territorial Marshal
Jan 20, 2007
You get the stop to win the game with time running out, and you win the game. You had help getting there, but when it mattered you did what had to be done. It was all on you and you made it happen.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Yes I watched most of the game...also...I would say a fumble by JB set up 7 for KSU (thats a lose for the O) and I do believe another fumble by JB....so it was a team effort..and yes a last minute play on our own 5 yard line with 5 seconds left or maybe it was 1 can't really remember but they stopped them from running it in...I don't care any way we are 9-0...Noven your always this way no suprise out of you...
I know! Noven, why are always so arguementative? Enjoy it! We escaped. It should be all about the Orange Love tonight. Hey, that sounds grooovy. I must be a tad bid effed up.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
Your grammar skills are about as bad as the performance tonight. A whole paragraph as one sentence? Impressive...
Do you remember our O coming back as we were down ten and then scoring 52 points as the D gave up 45 points to an anemic non-explosive offense?
Tuff, you're always this way, so no surprise out of you...

Jan 12, 2007
Austin
I mean if you take it literally the defense won the game for us tonight. They absolutely did not play well but they were on the field for a huge portion of the game, and we're not deep enough on D to rotate guys in without a drop-off.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
You get the stop to win the game with time running out, and you win the game. You had help getting there, but when it mattered you did what had to be done. It was all on you and you made it happen.
Again, the O didn't do what had to be done? The O didn't make it happen?

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Your grammar skills are about as bad as the performance tonight. A whole paragraph as one sentence? Impressive...
Do you remember our O coming back as we were down ten and then scoring 52 points as the D gave up 45 points to an anemic non-explosive offense?
Tuff, you're always this way, so no surprise out of you...
C'mon Noven. You're better than that. Grammer smack?

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
They did. They set the defense up to win the game. How hard is this to understand?
I'm wondering the same thing. How can you say D won the game when it gave up 45 points to a KSU offense? So, who lost the games last year against NE and OU? Widely agreed it was the D. Pretty simple...

EmptySeat

Territorial Marshal
Jan 20, 2007
I'm wondering the same thing. How can you say D won the game when it gave up 45 points to a KSU offense? So, who lost the games last year against NE and OU? Widely agreed it was the D. Pretty simple...
They were on the field as time ran out, had the enemy 6 yards from a TD and no TD was scored. The offense couldn't have won the game. They were on the sidelines.

Jan 12, 2007
Austin
You guys are arguing semantics and it's pretty annoying. The truth is clearly somewhere in the middle here. The defense played badly but the offense put them in some bad spots several times, and they were on the field for 40 minutes. It doesn't matter at all what exact play happened at the end of the game. If the offense had not scored the last touchdown we also would have lost.