Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Kansas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
As usual, the biggest factor when playing Kansas will be rebounding.

Last week definitely left a bad tastes in everyone's mouths. There was a lot of reflecting, and a lot of self-inspection. But I doubt Kansas cares much about any of that. It's Homecoming for them. And they'll be much more interested in picking up their first Big XII win in what feels like forever against us than our quarterback and/or offensive line woes.

The time for reflection is over. The time to win again is now.

Go Pokes! Beat the Jayhawks!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. University of Kansas Jayhawks
Kickoff: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 11:00 AM CDT
at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS

2018 Records
OSU 3-1(0-1), KU 2-2 (0-1)
OSU leads the series, 37-29-2
TV: FSN
Suddenlink: 38
Cox: 37
DirecTV: 675
DiSH: 416

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 119, XM 201

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

KU Roster

KU Game Notes

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
OSU 35
Kansas 24

Cornelius throws it deep often and rarely connects. We want to throw a brick threw the TV and justice hill saves us

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
This stretch of games at Kansas, Iowa State and KState should provide Corndog the opportunity to work on his completions and the ugly deep ball passes.
We should win all of these games and any losses are on Gundy. There's no excuse to lose these coming games.

We come out of this trio with Ws and head into our Homecoming with a vastly improved Texas and the make or break part of the Big 12 schedule.
We must have our QB situation solidified by Homecoming and Corndog had better be stellar in the KU and Iowa State games coming up. Otherwise, we have one game to ready his replacement (if necessary -- which i feel will be necessary after this game with KU).

I love the Corndog Underdog story, but to me the most important thing is to keep this team relevant for a conference championship -- not the feel good movie of the week.

Gundy has a responsibility to the university, his coaches and his entire team to put the best people that give us the best opportunity to win games on that field of play.
Remove the fatherhood, good guy, loyalty to the guys that do all the right things (Bobby Reid was one) and put this team into position to win games and keep butts in the seats. I promise, Coach, we won't hold that against your good guy image.

OSU covers, but we are not amused.

That is all.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
Broken Arrow
Hoping we can get back on track with a win. Felt like with the bad loss last week, Jalen leaving, and the Gundy media drama that the week just dragged.

Happy to getting back to just playing football.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is game 5 of a 12 game regular season. The part of Cornelius' story about not starting a game in however many days is over. There's 100+ other guys on the team. If he can't see or utilize the middle of the field & some higher percentage throws today, make the change.

kadune

Backseat Cavalier
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
Indiana
Hearing it’s possible that darrion daniels, bundage and Rodriguez might not be playing today

Radio report: Bundage and Stoner are out. Jenkins and Rodriguez are game time. I think they said Daniels was out, but I've been zoning in and out of the report.

also:
https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1046036894432268290

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Radio report: Bundage and Stoner are out. Jenkins and Rodriguez are game time. I think they said Daniels was out, but I've been zoning in and out of the report.

also:
https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1046036894432268290
None of that is good...My hope is that Bundage and Stoner can recover asap....Maybe, and I mean maybe, we can win at KU without them...but we nee them both in the bigger games.

I know wolf will play a bunch but who else will play in the inside receiver spot with BOTH Stoner and JM out?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So Daniels is out for the year after a freak injury in practice this week...On a positive note, he's able to also take advantage of the new red shirt rule and red shirt for next year! Bundage out, Stoner out, Daniels out. Hopefully we get both Stoner and Bundage back in a few weeks or less but not today.