Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Kansas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq

Weird year, this one. But football is and has been back! Pretty sure not many people were envisioning winning two grinders to start the season, but here we are. I'll take it. Hopefully Sanders is feeling good enough to be effective, but it's good to know there's another man ready to step up needed. Thanks for getting us to 2-0, Shane.

Next up is our first road test: Kansas. It seems like every year, Kansas decides that one game is their Super Bowl. It's hugely important to not let them have that day against us. Lawrence is always a weird place for OSU, even if we are gunning for our ninth straight win at Kansas. We will need our A game for this one, because perception is everything, and it's time to remind the country that we're supposed to be good at this football thing.

Go Pokes! Beat the Jayhawks!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Kansas University Jayhawks
Kickoff: Saturday October 3, 2020, 2:30 PM CT
at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS

2020 Records
OSU 2-0 (1-0), KU 0-2 (0-1)
OSU leads the series, 39-29-2
TV: ESPN
Suddenlink: 31
DirecTV: 206

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 83, XM 83, Internet 83

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

KU Roster

KU Game Notes

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I predict great things for both this thread, Thank you Stonewall and Board Admins, and the game tomorrow.

Go Pokes!

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Our Pokes arriving in Lawrence in that line of cool Black w/ Orange OSU looked so intimidating. Imagine that passing you as you're driving downt he interstate in Kansas. Imagine that pulling up to the stadium at KU.

I see this game as a real chance to get rolling forward. I'm hoping that illingworth is starting if Sanders isn't 100%. I'd rather not risk greater injury coming back too soon if we don't need him for the win.

I see Chuba finally getting it into his head that he needs to hit the hole like LD Brown does. Fire through the initial fire out and get into that second level ASAP.

I see Ill getting more comfortable with his receivers (all of them) and spreading the ball around. Man, how I miss that -- having a QB that can just rip it down the field at any open target. I also see a few deep TD catches today too by our unheralded WRs. Wallace should have a great day as well.

Watching the OSU defense today should be quite entertaining. Putting pressue on the KU QB early and often to rattle the guy is the plan. Then just shut them down the rest of the day is part B of said plan.

Don't mess around. Don't overlook KU and don't give KU any hope. Get in, get the job done and get ready for Baylor in two weeks.

AND GO POKES!!

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Beware. I've been to two in Lawrence (2010 and 2012). Neither were easy. The first with Blackmon, OSU finally pulled away in the 2nd half. 2012, OSU lucky to win with a roughing the kicker penalty saving the good guys.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Beware. I've been to two in Lawrence (2010 and 2012). Neither were easy. The first with Blackmon, OSU finally pulled away in the 2nd half. 2012, OSU lucky to win with a roughing the kicker penalty saving the good guys.
I went in 2016 and it wasn’t a problem. Watched Justice run for 150+ and the stands were empty. Felt like I was watching a 4A HS football game.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I went in 2011 and that was also a tough game if I recall correctly. Might have been 2010. I’m getting old. Btw KU is really a beautiful campus. Enjoyed my day there.