Official Game Thread: Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
right or wrong decision by Dez could be argued by many for long time...bottom line, I applaud the kid for thinking the game in heat of battle, and putting his team above himself...I applaud him!!!
Hopefully it was the coaching staff that told him to do that if the opportunity arose.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Up 50-31 and with the ball and Gundy goes into Pat Jones mode as usual and runs it up the middle three times for no gain and punts. I HATE the way Mike Gundy coaches!

None of this drama needed to happen. Just run your damn offense and you win the game by 30 points. He sends a terrible message of mistrust to his players when he just runs it up the middle three times knowing they’re going to gain nothing and punt. He’s basically telling his offense “I don’t trust you not to do something bad so I am opting for allowing you to do nothing”.

Gundy actually let Tech back into this game with his horrible weak knee’d coaching decisions. I’m really just about done with him. I am sick of wanting to throw objects at my TV screen because of his coaching decisions. I guarantee you Coach Dunn did not want to do the handoff up the middle surrender but Gundy overruled him.

I’m ready for somebody who coaches our team with a confident attitude and a pair of balls!

Feb 18, 2009
It was really one corner that hurt us. Not having Rodarius Williams allowed them to pick on his back up repeatedly
They were also on the field most of the second half. Onside return, pick 6 next drive and Gundy shut down the offense at the 9:41 mark or so. Consecutive three and outs trying to Milk clock and they’re right back out there again.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
My question is—what in the world happened to our defense? They went from really good to really bad very fast. Tech gained 630 yards after having mostly struggled this year. The D is mostly healthy so that excuse won’t fly.
This. I don’t feel as confident about the remaining schedule. I’m we should still win out, but it gives me more pause.

Oct 30, 2007
Or Sanders fumbles the victory formation snap.
You can play what if’s all day long but the percentages say go down there.
That is not an issue. Up 50 - 31 with 7 min to play, if you play to win you play action and possibly score. That is what winners do. If you are a loser you run it up the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
This. I don’t feel as confident about the remaining schedule. I’m we should still win out, but it gives me more pause.
Baylor has sucked all year, but I can see them playing their best game of the year against us. Same with TCU.
Tcu should be a ten point favorite. Tech is one of the worst defenses in football. TCU will not allow much on the ground.

Oct 30, 2007
What a weird game. It wasn't pretty, but it goes in the win column. So I'll take it.

I hope that we're healthier and that our defense is locked in a week from now. We'll have to play at a higher level if we're going to beat TCU in Fort Worth.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's all about probability. There was still 1:24 left in the game, and Tech was coming off of 2 straight touchdown drives. They had a higher probability of scoring and recovering an onsides kick than Sanders fumbling a shotgun snap in victory formation.
Can you run the numbers for us? Honestly I don't see it. You score there and it's over...you don't and you make us execute another two snaps...I recall Weeden fumbling one of those, we still won but we nearly gave it away.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Tcu should be a ten point favorite. Tech is one of the worst defenses in football. TCU will not allow much on the ground.

I think we are ready and hand them a loss...I don't see them being a 10 point favorite...hopefully that's crazy talk.

Jan 13, 2005
Can you run the numbers for us? Honestly I don't see it. You score there and it's over...you don't and you make us execute another two snaps...I recall Weeden fumbling one of those, we still won but we nearly gave it away.
That was because he tried to go under center when we never did that. You have two guys in the back field staring the QB down in case he drops it. You’ve got a RB 10-15 yards behind the play in case it gets snapped over his head. Risk is minimal there. How many snaps can you remember Spencer Sanders dropping? He fumbles the ball a lot just not the snap.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gundy absolutely proving he is the worst in game coach in college football.

we won man...just give it a rest until we don't...maybe only a week...who knows. Every game is an adventure...except for last week, which was an adventure in suck.

This week we had no back up QB...no RB1 or RB2 and we still won. Was a very good bounce back game with TTU coming off a win and with many of these message board "fans" thinking we would lose. Sure we made a blow out close...but we still won and it should have been by seven more than it was.