Official Game Thread: Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Can you run the numbers for us? Honestly I don't see it. You score there and it's over...you don't and you make us execute another two snaps...I recall Weeden fumbling one of those, we still won but we nearly gave it away.
I don't have access to advanced analytics like the coaches, but consider this:
1. How many times have you seen a team score twice in the final 2 minutes to win the game?
2. How many times have you seen a quarterback fumble and lose a shotgun snap in victory formation?

I've seen the first scenario occur many times. I've never seen the second scenario occur with a shotgun snap.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Up 50-31 and with the ball and Gundy goes into Pat Jones mode as usual and runs it up the middle three times for no gain and punts. I HATE the way Mike Gundy coaches!

None of this drama needed to happen. Just run your damn offense and you win the game by 30 points. He sends a terrible message of mistrust to his players when he just runs it up the middle three times knowing they’re going to gain nothing and punt. He’s basically telling his offense “I don’t trust you not to do something bad so I am opting for allowing you to do nothing”.

Gundy actually let Tech back into this game with his horrible weak knee’d coaching decisions. I’m really just about done with him. I am sick of wanting to throw objects at my TV screen because of his coaching decisions. I guarantee you Coach Dunn did not want to do the handoff up the middle surrender but Gundy overruled him.

I’m ready for somebody who coaches our team with a confident attitude and a pair of balls!
Most can see at the beginning of these games which teams coach has them fired up. Bedlam was obvious. Sooners were hyped. We were not. At all. You touched on my nerve. The reason we fans want to see aggressiveness from Gundy is because the kids see it. Or would see it if he ever showed it. Not going for it near the red zone at home and with the lead is a real downer. (Texas) Being up 19 and acting like it’s over is a huge downer but more importantly, it fires up the other team. I’m not ready to kick coach out but I’m ready to see him learn. Anything.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I don't have access to advanced analytics like the coaches, but consider this:
1. How many times have you seen a team score twice in the final 2 minutes to win the game?
2. How many times have you seen a quarterback fumble and lose a shotgun snap in victory formation?

I've seen the first scenario occur many times. I've never seen the second scenario occur with a shotgun snap.
Start betting your dinner and you’ll remember every one of them.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Baylor has sucked all year, but I can see them playing their best game of the year against us. Same with TCU.
Yep. I pretty much assumed these were wins, barring total catastrophe. Then Bedlam happened. I figured our defense would still carry us with all the injuries on offense. Now I don’t know what to think.

Oct 30, 2007
Start betting your dinner and you’ll remember every one of them.
I've seen a lost fumble in victory formation with the quarterback under center. I believe that happened with Mason Rudolph once. But I don't ever recall it happening on a shotgun snap in victory formation.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think we are ready and hand them a loss...I don't see them being a 10 point favorite...hopefully that's crazy talk.
A little crazy, but ESPN has it as a pretty even matchup. Duggan has more rushing TDs than passing. I think our D shuts them down, but today didn’t help my confidence.
1606599495596.png