==>Official Game Thread<==

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 26, 2008
Like I said earlier Dez Bryant = Braylon Edwards

Too high on himself this year.

Dropping way too many balls.

Who knows what would have happened if he just brought that one down instead of it turning into a TD for Houston.

blake711

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Nov 11, 2007
Like I said earlier Dez Bryant = Braylon Edwards

Too high on himself this year.

Dropping way too many balls.

Who knows what would have happened if he just brought that one down instead of it turning into a TD for Houston.
You can't put it all on dez man this is team sport. So the guy missed a few balls. There were tons of issues on both sides of the ball today.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
On out of bounds plays, its now like getting a first down....the clock doesn't stay stopped until the ball is snapped, just until the ball is set.

Poor clock management on our part was the problem.

Nov 30, 2008
Berlin, DE
I think 7-5 is very realistic.

Same old cowboys. Its going to take Bill Y some more time.

I think we loose to both UT and UO at this stage. Maybe Tech and Baylor also if we dont get it together.

Nov 26, 2008
GuessI don't get what your saying. We were down 10, you have to go for 6 there. A lot easier to pick up the feild goal after onside kick with 30 sec left than go the legnth of the field and get a td.
You can kick a FG, and go for an onside kick...they don't have to go the length of the field and get a TD.

It was a dumb call. Down by 10 you need a FG and a TD...try for a TD and fail you don't have either.

Nov 26, 2008
You can't put it all on dez man this is team sport. So the guy missed a few balls. There were tons of issues on both sides of the ball today.
I'm not putting it all on Dez...I'm just saying

It was a team lose, but other than a few flashes, through two games this is not the Dez of last year.

bleedaggie

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
GuessI don't get what your saying. We were down 10, you have to go for 6 there. A lot easier to pick up the feild goal after onside kick with 30 sec left than go the legnth of the field and get a td.
You have a lot more big money plays from distance than you do in the red zone.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Going to drink now. D will improve or we'll lose 3 more. That said, 1 loss isn't the end. We can still win the Big XII and go to a BCS bowl if not the MNC. It's not over.

Aug 2, 2005
At this point I don't even care about predicting the rest of the schedule. Let's take one game at a time, and nothing is a gimme, right? We aren't as good as we thought we were, so there.

Nov 19, 2005
Great Bend, KS
No. If we were as good as we claim to be, then we would have had no trouble with a team like Houston. Not dissing them - they're good. But if we can't beat Houston, we certainly can't beat Texas or Florida.
While I certainly understand that argument, I don't think it is that simple. I think we might have benefited from an extra week to get ready for the very different styles of offense. Not to mention give a little more time for the offense to get clicking. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered in the end, just some wishful thinking.

How far do you think we fall?
Out of the top 15, and we should.

Mar 12, 2008
Correct. It's not all his fault, but for someone who was hoping to win awards this year, you'd think he'd learn to catch. He dropped catchable balls today and against Georgia.

Apr 24, 2008
I felt it was stupid that we ran the ball 3 times at the end with the clock running and wasted 25+seconds getting a play call after we ran out of bounds but we lost long before. The fumble killed us and the tip int was the nail in the coffin.