Oklahoma State AD Mike Holder receives contract extension through 2021, $950,000 annual salary

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
very cute... you get your sack busted on the donations angle, so you switch your hatred to "coaches", and you only list a couple, and exclude the others. My goodness.

and... although you may not like the hires (since you also don't seem to like our donations and facilities either), there are many fans that do not share your opinion.... and I'll extend the same challenge.. list the other OSU ADs and their coaching hires, and lets make the comparison. No more BS, list the data that supports your inane allegation.
Who hired Gundy? Wasn’t Holder. Who hired John Smith? Wasn’t Holder.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
The fact is I know several people that let their long time season tickets go due to the fact it was costing several thousand more a year and if they had kept them were going to be reassigned to a worse seating location. And if Holder had hired a decent coach along the way it might have mitigated some of the damage of gouging the fans.
my gawd man... now you went from "a majority of the season ticket holders" to several people that you know.

why don't you just stop with the hate already.

We're winning again, and ticket sales are rising, and guess what... we have the same AD - go figure.

knock it off already

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
my gawd man... now you went from "a majority of the season ticket holders" to several people that you know.

why don't you just stop with the hate already.

We're winning again, and ticket sales are rising, and guess what... we have the same AD - go figure.

knock it off already
Since I don’t know all the season ticket holders I was just talking about the ones I knew personally. Sorry I didn’t know them all.

Jan 2, 2005
Terry Don oversaw GIA expansion but everything else was Holder.
Construction on the south side of the stadium expansion during the 2003 season during Harry Birdwell's tenure as AD. It, and the north side expansion to follow, was funded by many donors and bonds that would be paid by future student fees. Mike Holder was named AD in 2005 after Birdwell was asked to step down after the 2004-2005 athletic year. Boone Picken's $165,000 was announced in January of 2006. That year the special Katrina Hurricane tax incentive was offered by the government temporarily raising the contribution limitation to one year's salary. As you may recall, Pickens was criticized by many because the spirit of the incentive was to help Katrina victims with a in flux of private donations. However, there was no restriction that donations must be used for that cause so he saw it as an opportunity to finalize the end zone expansion, which is the center piece of the project.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Great feature on Mike Holder from Mark Cooper today...

STILLWATER — When Mike Holder arrived here in 1966, he was an 18-year-old boy looking for a place to call home.

Holder’s father worked for an oil company. With that came a nomadic upbringing.

He lived in Goldsmith, Texas. He started grade school in Odessa, Texas. Then Andrews, Texas, through the sixth grade, and Sapulpa for seventh and eighth grade. He moved to Ardmore for high school.

“That’s hard on a youngster, making new friends, and I was always shy, so that was doubly challenging for me,” Holder said. “When I got to OSU, I thought, ‘Gosh, I want to find a place to call home and I don’t really want to move a lot.’ ”

Holder’s home has been Stillwater for 52 years now, and there’s no plans of moving. Oklahoma State has employed Holder for 45 years, and this fall will be his 14th as athletic director, placing him behind only Oklahoma’s Joe Castiglione as the longest-tenured ADs in the Big 12.
Link