Oklahoma State vs. Houston 2pm - ESPN

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Huge team win. Really good effort on D. Very good job to keep composure at the end and find a way to make just enough plays to win.
On the flip side, I really don’t like our half court offense. As a matter of fact, I hate it. Ball movement is non existent a lot of the time, and way too many lazy passes. But, I can live with the offensive product as long as we’re always competing hard and executing on the defensive end. Which brings me to my next point.

You kill the momentum a good defensive effort brings when you simply cannot rebound. Boynton HAS to fix the rebounding, it’s atrocious.

Again though, excellent tough win in a tough environment. Something to build on.
Only outrebounded 40-39. Not bad considering how physical the refs allowed it to be.

Dec 17, 2011
Yale is looking good at 9-3 too. With 2 huge games against Clemson and UNC (who isnt the same without their star player. They just lost at home to wofford)

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Two things to remember. OSU is better with Ice at the point. Ice is coming back

OK, three things. OSU is 8-2, not 7-3. That's a good thing.

Jun 23, 2005
Gutsy win. I like Fran and I winced when he said he saw no way we would win with 5 minutes to go. But, to be honest, Houston had come back from a 19 point deficit, had all the momentum, and we couldn't buy a basket. I saw where he was coming from. But, I'm glad our guys dug in and pulled out a huge road win against a really good Houston team. If we win the next two and go into conference play 10-2, this is shaping up to be a fun season.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
It was pretty ugly at times, but any with w/o Ice is a good win, and Houston under Sampson is usually pretty solid.
I think ole' Fran got out over his skis a little towards the end of the game, but he has always been VERY complimentary towards our program as it stands now. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

Jun 25, 2011
I'm still all in on this team this year and hope they make the tourney and do significant damage in March Madness. However, I do see an interesting line up Coach can use next year if he decides to play big. He could play Yor at the 5, Hidde at the 4, Keylan Boone at the 3 and Ice and Cunningham at the 1 and 2. That is 6' 10", 6'm 10", 6' 8", 6'4" and 6'7". Offensively that would give you two strong guys that can get to the bucket in Ice and Cunningham and both Hidde and Keylan can shoot. I think they can both put the ball on the floor a little bit also. Then you have Yor and his offense so there is some potential fire power with that 5.

Defensively Yor and Ice are excellent defenders and Coach has said Keylan can be a lock down defender. So if Hidde and Cunningham could just be average defensively then that 5 could also be a strong defensive team. Of course I am speculating about how the players develop, but I do think the potential is there. I can't remember every playing a line up that big. Interesting thought.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
I'm still all in on this team this year and hope they make the tourney and do significant damage in March Madness. However, I do see an interesting line up Coach can use next year if he decides to play big. He could play Yor at the 5, Hidde at the 4, Keylan Boone at the 3 and Ice and Cunningham at the 1 and 2. That is 6' 10", 6'm 10", 6' 8", 6'4" and 6'7". Offensively that would give you two strong guys that can get to the bucket in Ice and Cunningham and both Hidde and Keylan can shoot. I think they can both put the ball on the floor a little bit also. Then you have Yor and his offense so there is some potential fire power with that 5.

Defensively Yor and Ice are excellent defenders and Coach has said Keylan can be a lock down defender. So if Hidde and Cunningham could just be average defensively then that 5 could also be a strong defensive team. Of course I am speculating about how the players develop, but I do think the potential is there. I can't remember every playing a line up that big. Interesting thought.
Cunningham be average?! He's going to be one and done. My only question about him is if he's expressed to HCMB that he only wants to play the point. If that's the case we are in trouble at the shooting guard cause Ice can't shoot perimeter shots at all and you can't take Ice off the floor. He's to good of a defender and as a ball handler.

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Big win on the road as 7 point underdogs. Houston will probably win 20+ games going into the postseason and be right in the mix with Memphis and Wichita State to win the AAC.

Cowboys showed some mettle coming down the stretch after Houston erased the 18 point lead.