One Week Until Bow Season!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
All I got on my game cam for the past couple of weeks were lots of pigs, a few coyotes, and immature deer that need 3 or 4 years of growth.

Didn't see a darn thing hunting, then found out dad has been letting someone else hunt up there, so much for having a few weeks of no human scent around a stand. It is best with archery to hunt a stand once ever few weeks, so if I had known, I would have hunted a different location even if it were from the ground.

I am just hoping everything isn't so spooked up come muzzleloader that the deer are still moving in the daytime where the kids can see some.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Despite the full moon over the weekend, I filled my doe tag. 80 pounder, I grilled a backstrap for dinner last night. mmmmmmm

ReaganEden

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Nov 6, 2004
Bixby, OK
www.theedencompanies.com
I took a friend to my place and I had a doe down at 7:15 AM opening morning; 82 lbs field dressed. Pretty good size for my place.

Took a nice mature 9 point, (not a wall hanger, but a great management buck to get off my place), Friday night but thought I'd mis-hit him a bit; I decided not to push it and left him till morning. Found him after about an hour, turns out it was a good shot. Coyotes had found him before I did.

My buddy also took a doe and shot one of my many large 8 points, hit him high and we never found him after looking for about 6 hours Saturday, bummer.

Sep 22, 2007
NW Arkansas
Despite the full moon over the weekend, I filled my doe tag. 80 pounder, I grilled a backstrap for dinner last night. mmmmmmm
Making my mouth water and almost makes me go shoot a doe! I'm trying to hold off killing a doe while I play hide and seek with the big boys! I have so many does out here it's just crazy! But good job on taking one! I can almost smell that backstrap grilling! :D