Oregon State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
No, the state of Oregon is just concerned with canceling everything. ;)

I don’t know... but I assume it won’t be anytime soon unless we drop a cupcake in 2022 or 2023. We have a home and home scheduled with ASU sandwiched between 2 cupcakes...(yes, I realize that I called Central Michigan a cupcake). 2024-2027 we’ve got Arkansas or Oregon with Tulsa on the schedule those seasons.

Last edited:

fratdaddy

Banned
Banned
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I think this has to be an open question still because it's so different from when Clemson had to free-up their schedule due to conference realignment and specifically Notre Dame I think. None of those games got played; we're half-way through our series with Ore State.

We did go all the way to BFE Corvallis and kick their butt. They need to come to Stillwater for another butt kicking. They're obviously trying to get out of a terrible loss. Who knows they might even catch us sleeping like CMU.

I hope there's a breach of contract case to be made. I would pursue arbitration rather than a lawsuit, because at a minimum, we are due the standard $900,000 or whatever for an unrequited non-conf road trip. I'd love to get them scheduled for a year we play Oregon, not just to own that state, but could be good for recruiting the PNW. In addition to Boise.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Anyone know if Oregon State is going to make up the return visit that was missed in the 2020 football season?
Doubt the beavers are allowed to leave the state for a while. Isn’t the whole state under quarantine still? I’m kinda joking but their governor and legislature are insane. No wonder the Eastern part of the state wants to join Idaho.

Jan 26, 2006
Round Rock, Tx
Looks like 2026 is first available for both teams. Other than that it is 2030 and later. And that would have us play g Oregon and Oregon state. Who knows might happen and might not. Personally I think both teams just move on.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
If we are unable to reschedule the game in a reasonable fashion, we're likely due whatever the out clause was written in the contract. It may not just be Oregon State that is having trouble finding schedule availability. Every school is scrambling because the lockdowns put every school's schedule into limbo.

I'm confident there will be a reasonable solution.

We did receive a substantial payment for our split of the television revenue; and it was also nice to have a nationally televised road win over a P5 school on a night where he had the nation's attention to start the 2019 season.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Doubt the beavers are allowed to leave the state for a while. Isn’t the whole state under quarantine still? I’m kinda joking but their governor and legislature are insane. No wonder the Eastern part of the state wants to join Idaho.
Oregon is a beautiful state, makes great beer; and has some of the best fishing and mountain hiking on Earth. Aside from the weird gas pumping rules; I could totally live there.

Oregon east of the cascades is definitely different. There is not a lot of economic development and there is a significant brain drain and lack of jobs (as in most of the country the manufacturing jobs have been sold by both political parties to the lowest bidders internationally). I believe seceding to Idaho, may be bandaid solution to a stab wound for a region to have lower state income taxes; But I don't see that as a step toward longterm viability. It's similar to rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

East Oregon area has lost a significant amount of water access which (fed tourism and agriculture) and manufacturing jobs and I believe is teetering back to becoming a desert landscape.