OSU at Baylor Regular Season Finale

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
OSU travels to Waco for a Thurs-Sat three game series. Games are at 6:30, 6:30, and 3:00 on ESPN+

After having a 7 game win streak, the Pokes are now on a four game losing streak. Baylor comes in at 25-24, having beaten SFA 12-0 this week, but lost 2 of 3 to KSU. BU's only series win in league play was against KU.

For OSU, Victor Mederos returns to the mound Thursday, and Campbell and Osmond can be on regular rest.

Baylor hits .269 as a team and has a 5.51 team ERA. The Bears are a solid 19-10 at home. Of course, OSU plays MUCH better away from home (14-4).

Thursday starter Jake Jackson was fantastic against KSU last week (7IP 6H 1R), but is 4-4 with a 7.87 ERA.
They haven't announced Friday's starter, and Saturday's starter is Blake Helton — 0-1, 2.92 ERA in only 12.1 IP

BU's best hitter is Kyle Nevin (.306 8HR 46RBI). As a team, they've only hit 34 HRs and have allowed 61.

This is a series OSU should at least take 2 of 3, and honestly, sweep. Baylor doesn't do anything particularly well, and their pitching staff is in shambles. A big part of the weekend will be how many innings Mederos can give.

If OSU doesn't have success this weekend, it's because the pitching staff gave too many walks and the approach at the plate was poor, leading to too many strikeouts (which was pretty much the case last weekend).

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Good start getting some hits and runners on base. Griff would have walked as the word is out to not give him anything to hit.
I think the word is lots of outside breaking balls that he can’t reach and get around on. As someone else stated he does seem to stand-off the plate noticeably. Probably take a step in and make contact with those pitches but he’s the one that crushes baseballs and I’m just a dude on the internet

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I think the word is lots of outside breaking balls that he can’t reach and get around on. As someone else stated he does seem to stand-off the plate noticeably. Probably take a step in and make contact with those pitches but he’s the one that crushes baseballs and I’m just a dude on the internet
Survivor skills as he is often throw at when he stands closer to plate.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
In Thompson’s defense, he doesn’t have a defensive home and never will. Josh however feels the need to put him somewhere because he’s loyal to his seniors
If Mendham and Doershing continue their struggles at the plate, one needs to sit, the other at first and Jake moved to DH so an actual outfielder can play out there.