OSU at Baylor Regular Season Finale

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Our bullpen has just gone gutless. They have no trouble getting ahead in the count, and then go soft until its 2-2 or 3-2, and then serve one up.

The entire program should be embarrassed about this performance. Defense committed 3 errors, bullpen was terrible, and offense completely disappeared when they needed to bounce back.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
On the verge of not even hosting. I’m sure Josh will try and polish this turd. Baylor is a bad team. It’s inexcusable to blow an 8 run lead. I don’t think we can even finish 2nd in the league now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I suspect he was on a pitch limit since it was his first game back from injury. Just a guess.

He didn’t seem to be tired at all. Effortless pitching on his part.
Yep, he was cruising. But I would be surprised if he wasn’t on a pitch count limit.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh

"tough game Rex. Tough way to play...played well for six innings."

"Victor got to a pitch count that we thought was safe, and he felt healthy, so we went to Roman, and he had one of those games."

"One of the tougher losses I can remember."

He goes on to his "can't dwell on it" routine.

"We had an awful 7th inning. How we threw it, defended it."

"We didn't respond to the gut punch like we have been."

and he left.

Dec 27, 2007
Dallas, Texas
How embarrassing. What is wrong with this team just tanking end of season. And to a bottom feeder. Walton has lost his way and should retire. He doesn’t know when to pull a guy and leads to destruction. Easily had a super for us before the Tech series now barely gonna be hosting if they lose more this weekend. I don’t get down on baseball because any day someone could lose but this team was performing and now they aren’t. Just sad.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I suspect he was on a pitch limit since it was his first game back from injury. Just a guess.

He didn’t seem to be tired at all. Effortless pitching on his part.
Yep, he was cruising. But I would be surprised if he wasn’t on a pitch count limit.

Josh just confirmed on the radio broadcast he was on a pitch limit.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Welp....can't win the the Big XII, no chance of a super, and unless this team win the Big XII, the chance of hosting a regional is likely gone. Since the pressure is off, maybe this team can relax and play clean baseball. Evidently, the chance of winning the Big XII outright, and being a national seed was way too much pressure for this team to handle!!!