OSU at Baylor Regular Season Finale

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
What does everyone want to finish 4 or OU to win the big 12 and finish 3rd?
To hell with OU! I don’t want to see them win Jack crap.

Either way, to hit our goals we’re going to have to get big wins against good teams - something that’s been difficult as of late. A 3 seed might make it slightly easier, enough to make a difference? Probably not.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Being we are either a 3 or 4 seed, today’s game is primarily only for bragging rights for both teams. BU has to win Big 12 tournament to get into regionals. OSU should still be a regional host due to RPI and SOS but Super Regional selection is gone. Big 12 Conference Tournament begins on Wednesday.

OSU probably starts Martin and goes with multiple relievers today but please stay away from our lefties. I keep hearing that in the past OSU had better record playing regionals and super regionals away than at home. Maybe this slump will motivate us to play up to our abilities and make it to Omaha!

Our pitching for post season with Campbell, Osmond, Mederos, and current reliever’s with our batting, fielding, and HR ability has the elements needed to get to Omaha. Our main weakness is coaching decisions especially when to change pitchers to avoid these grand slams and walk off HR.

Conference Championship at Globe Life will most likely have significantly more Texas Schools fans at the games whereas at Bricktown there were significantly more OSU and OU fans at games. My guess is one of the Texas Schools will win this year but Globe Life will not have a College Atmosphere and will have small crowds and it will be back in Bricktown very soon.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
We have one of the nicest facilities in college baseball now. It's a mystery why our teams can't capitalize on that.
Half empty seat great facilities are a problem. It will really be an issue when a team with very large fan base is in the Stillwater Regional. We just don’t have a home field advantage. If by a miracle we win the CWS this year fans will be in the stands next year.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Half empty seat great facilities are a problem. It will really be an issue when a team with very large fan base is in the Stillwater Regional. We just don’t have a home field advantage. If by a miracle we win the CWS this year fans will be in the stands next year.
OSU is going to set a program record for attendance. Most games are very hard to get tickets to unless in the right field corner. I think the bigger problem is walks, errors, and strikeouts.