OSU Baseball at TCU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 24, 2011
You would think you guys would be used to Holiday’s coaching by now. Josh is a great guy who loves OSU. He has had some success. But his talk far exceeds his walk. Much like his Dad. No excuses with the new facilities now. We will see how things play out. Probably not a popular take, but I grade our coaches on results. The only thing that keeps Josh ahead of Travis Ford in terms of results is the one trip to the CWS. Otherwise, both really nice guys whose results are good but not great.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
We bring Martin yesterday instead of the same old sh** show we saw and we likely win that game and might not have had to burn Standlee for two innings. After our wizardly staff management gives away yesterday, it does it again with brilliant staff moves in the late innings today, wastes and burns Martin AND Standlee and are down 0-2. It’s so bad it’s almost funny.

Last edited:

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Where would you place those fastballs
It’s not the fastballs he’s talking about. It’s the guys who are 90+ With command getting up 0-2, blowing people away, then forced to nibble junker after junker until they walk the guy at 3-2 on their third best pitch or hang a slider, not to mention running up pitch counts unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
You would think you guys would be used to Holiday’s coaching by now. Josh is a great guy who loves OSU. He has had some success. But his talk far exceeds his walk. Much like his Dad. No excuses with the new facilities now. We will see how things play out. Probably not a popular take, but I grade our coaches on results. The only thing that keeps Josh ahead of Travis Ford in terms of results is the one trip to the CWS. Otherwise, both really nice guys whose results are good but not great.
Please. We also were one inning from Omaha. Had Travis Ford made the final four once, the sweet 16 once, and won two first round games I might go along with it.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
It’s not the fastballs he’s talking about. It’s the guys who are 90+ With command getting up 0-2, blowing people away, then forced to nibble junker after junker until they walk the guy at 3-2 on their third best pitch or hang a slider, not to mention running up pitch counts unnecessarily.
Really?? Where would you place a curveball then

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Really?? Where would you place a curveball then
If he’s locating blowing them away with fastballs, I’d let the big dog hunt and leave the curve in the bag where it belongs, maybe at most, one out of the zone just for fun. I dang sure wouldn’t force hime to throw them to get the “quota”. We’ve seen that good hitters don’t chase the last couple of days.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
If he’s locating blowing them away with fastballs, I’d let the big dog hunt and leave the curve in the bag where it belongs.at most, one out of the zone just for fun. I dang sure wouldn’t force hime to throw them to get the “quota”. We’ve seen that good hitters don’t chase the last couple of days.
Great post lasorda. Oh my lord

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Don't get me wrong...I share some of your frustration. However comparing Holliday to Ford is a huge reach. If Ford had the success Holliday has had, Ford would still the HC at OSU.

Apr 7, 2006
OSU has had tremendous success but we're at a place where we're trying to get into the top 10 perennially. We've been a top 15-20 for the last few years. It's fine to complain but keep things in perspective. Comparisons to Travis Ford are either an overreaction or an uninformed opinion.

Apr 14, 2019
US
Great post lasorda. Oh my lord
You bet Valentine. What we have seen sure isn’t working.
Boys - very predictable pattern has developed with the pitch calls. When we do get ahead: 4th pitch is a breaking ball in the dirt, 5th pitch is a high fast ball up and out of the strike zone.... every effn very time. The opposing batters don't swing when behind - they wait till we ball im up to a full count. Now our boys have to risk throwing a meat ball over the plate, nibble at the edges with breaking balls - resulting in high pitch counts, walks [via ump missing calls or us missing spots/plate], or giving the batter a good opp to swing at 'their' pitch. You can see it as a casual observer; therefore do we think our rivals don't know. Our boys are hitting 70-80 pitches after 4 innings. Come on OSU. Don't be so rigid and old school that even a back benchers know what you are doing. Let the guys throw their best pitches, let the boys shake off pitches if they aint feelin'it. Lawdy, we are too predictable, and we are putting undue pressure on the mound.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2008
If thats the case then I would assume that we would host since we have a top facility.
This sounds like the Cowboy fans I've known for 60 yrs. In the words of the immortal Don Meredith "if all the ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas". It's the score when the game's over that counts.
NCAA will make us earn a Regional or Super Regional. They won't give it to us just because of a new playing field. They never do us a favor!!!!