OSU Baseball in Big XII Tournament thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2017
Earth
That team had the mentality to go on the road and make it happen. There’s no Donnie Walton, Corey hassel, or a Garrett McCain on this team IMO. I want to believe that could happen with this group but I don’t know. The pitching staff in 2016 was much better than this group.
Agree completely. The fact we keep talking about six years ago as model success isn’t ideal either.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Maybe we should go support the real team in Stillwater and Coach G!!!!!
When Kenny G offers postgames, I listen. His teams are fun to watch, win or lose. With men's BB, meh. I don't know baseball, but Josh doesn't do anything for me. My late brother was somewhat of an insider and told me that other teams used to recruit against Tom Holliday. I hoped Josh fell far from the tree, but after 10 seasons, don't think so. A team is a reflection of its coach.

Oct 8, 2008
I don’t think this is the model for getting to Omaha, but that team in 2016 had two catastrophic meltdowns to exit the Big 12 tournament. It just would have been nice to have done enough to earn a regional.
That team had the mentality to go on the road and make it happen. There’s no Donnie Walton, Corey hassel, or a Garrett McCain on this team IMO. I want to believe that could happen with this group but I don’t know. The pitching staff in 2016 was much better than this group.
Speaking of McCain, stood next to him on the 17th green on the playoff at the PGA...recognized him immediately.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
It's the MLB philosophy of our coaching staff that drives me nuts: keep that even keel, never too high, never too low..... I understand that when you're playing a 162 game regular season schedule, but college sports need to be played with fire and emotion. Sure, out of 60-some games you're going to lose to some teams you should handle easily and you're going to lose some heartbreakers and you're still going to have a handful of emotional clunkers, but for the most part you need that fire every time you can get it. If that's not part of your team's personality it's going to be really tough to turn it on for a critical series or for the postseason. I don't know if we have any of those fire-guys this season, but I know for sure it isn't going to come from the staff.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Despite the hype, Holliday has been a large disappointment. When has he had a great team? This year? He has 5 first team all conference players, yet what's the conference record? It's mediocre. His overall record is no much better than Frank Anderson's or his dad's. In fact, he's just a nicer version of his dad as far as coaching goes. Josh is one of the highest paid baseball coaches who also enjoys the newest, nicest stadium in the NCAA. What's the return on that investment? One world series appearance five years ago. Josh stands in stark contrast to Coach Gajewski who is paid peanuts in comparison to the top softball coaches, coaches in a crappy venue, and makes the world series routinely while competing against the behemoth of a program down south. The Cowboys implosion this season is inexcusable and sooner or later, you've got to blame the man at the helm.
This is an easy fix.Put the baseball team back in Allie P and move the softball team to Obrate. That would keep Coach G happy as the softball team is out performing the baseball team every year. This comment is only slightly tongue in cheek

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
I'm just bummed by these past performances. Lose 5 of the last 6 home games. Get beat in the tourny by a team that we swept AT their place. Go from being ranked #3 in the country to now just struggling to stay in the top 20. We have the best facilities in college baseball. Have a 12x All Star and former MLB manager on the staff. What's wrong ? Where is the heart and swagger ? Do we need to replace the wizard with someone younger, with more fire? What about Josh ? Does the Dallas Baptist HC like cheese fries?

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
I have come up with a pitch path for this team but the one thing it hinges on is that Osmond can throw this week.
Campbell-Tomorrow
Stone-Friday
Martin-Saturday
Osmond- Saturday
Marsh- Sunday
You still have Roman, Kale, Mclean, Boguez, Root, and Morril could pitch again out of the bullpen.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I have come up with a pitch path for this team but the one thing it hinges on is that Osmond can throw this week.
Campbell-Tomorrow
Stone-Friday
Martin-Saturday
Osmond- Saturday
Marsh- Sunday
You still have Roman, Kale, Mclean, Boguez, Root, and Morril could pitch again out of the bullpen.
I almost would pitch Stone tomorrow. He was good against Baylor on Sunday. And if you don't win the game it gives Campbell a whole bunch of rest leading into the regionals.