OSU Baseball in Big XII Tournament thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I have come up with a pitch path for this team but the one thing it hinges on is that Osmond can throw this week.
Campbell-Tomorrow
Stone-Friday
Martin-Saturday
Osmond- Saturday
Marsh- Sunday
You still have Roman, Kale, Mclean, Boguez, Root, and Morril could pitch again out of the bullpen.
I almost would pitch Stone tomorrow. He was good against Baylor on Sunday. And if you don't win the game it gives Campbell a whole bunch of rest leading into the regionals.
I initially said stone too but I don’t know if 4 days his enough rest for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Has anyone ever won from the Loser’s bracket? We were going to drive down for tomorrow game but 9 am is to early. When will we play on Friday if we win on Thursday.

Aug 19, 2006
I like the idea of throwing a downstaff arm. If they surprise and do well we are in better shape to make a run this weekend, and if they struggle it probably doesn’t change our seeding much.
Agreed but not sure it matters. This team hasn't shown the grit it would take to make a run all the way through the losers bracket. They might just be better off crashing out and trying to regroup for the regional.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
“It was just one of those days where he kept us on pause,” OSU coach Josh Holliday said. “We never got the play button pushed when it came to offense.”

“We just didn’t get anything going,” Holliday said. “There’s times when you can as a coach put your finger on certain elements that disappoint you, but we ran into a pitcher that gave us nothing and as a result we didn’t earn enough on our own.

“Some days when a guy’s locked in you have to earn something. You have to make adjustments or do something midgame to turn the tide. We simply didn’t turn it today.”

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
TTU pitcher Molina had a no hitter going into 6th and it was 5-0, now a walk and 3 hits later, its 5-3, he's gone, and KSU has tying run on 2nd with 2 out.

Edit: 1st baseman makes a nice play to end the inning at 5-3

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2006
“It was just one of those days where he kept us on pause,” OSU coach Josh Holliday said. “We never got the play button pushed when it came to offense.”

“We just didn’t get anything going,” Holliday said. “There’s times when you can as a coach put your finger on certain elements that disappoint you, but we ran into a pitcher that gave us nothing and as a result we didn’t earn enough on our own.

“Some days when a guy’s locked in you have to earn something. You have to make adjustments or do something midgame to turn the tide. We simply didn’t turn it today.”
Those comments are so sad they are almost funny. Can't never could do nothing.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I’m on my way to Arlington now and will be at 9 am game on Thursday to get the Cowboy mojo going to go on a four day run!

I had such high expectations after we swept Texas! We need to get our second wind!!! We peaked to early but it ain’t over as we will be in Regionals regardless!

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Has anyone ever won from the Loser’s bracket? We were going to drive down for tomorrow game but 9 am is to early. When will we play on Friday if we win on Thursday.
It's a LONG road. Can't remember if it's been done before.
Yep. Gotta win 5 games in 4 days. Not Impossible but almost impossible, because by Sunday there’s no pitching left. I could be wrong but I think we made it to a finals after losing a game. It wasn’t game 1 but I’m pretty sure we had a loss. By Sunday we had nothing left.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Yep. Gotta win 5 games in 4 days. Not Impossible but almost impossible, because by Sunday there’s no pitching left. I could be wrong but I think we made it to a finals after losing a game. It wasn’t game 1 but I’m pretty sure we had a loss. By Sunday we had nothing left.

I think after today, the goal should be to just get to Saturday. I think winning two still gives them a decent chance to host.