OSU Baseball in Big XII Tournament thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
When Kenny G offers postgames, I listen. His teams are fun to watch, win or lose. With men's BB, meh. I don't know baseball, but Josh doesn't do anything for me. My late brother was somewhat of an insider and told me that other teams used to recruit against Tom Holliday. I hoped Josh fell far from the tree, but after 10 seasons, don't think so. A team is a reflection of its coach.
Amen to this! I love Coach G's honesty and fire in his interviews.Holliday sounds like Sam Presti.No content.Coach G gets results with MUCH fewer resources.

I want someone to convince me that anything less than a Super or Omaha is underachieving big time this year.

Apr 14, 2009
Underachieving?
This team is not a great team. They are okay. Not a championship Caliber team.Look at the batting numbers. Very average. Pitching? Who is going to get a large payday to pitch at the next level?
The bright side of this bunch is two fine young infielders. I just hope we can keep them on the team.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
The Big12 tv deal continues to suck for the conference. Tonight the SEC baseball tournament is on ESPNU and one would think the Big12 tourney would be on ESPN2. Nope on ESPN+. A 30 for 30 is on ESPN2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
OSU starts Justin Campbell today
Last week versus Baylor he got the win but wasn't very good, 5 IP 9H 5R 5K 2BB

Baylor's Jack Pineda was Big 12 Co-Player of the week after his big week last week. Can't find BU's starter yet.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Underachieving?
This team is not a great team. They are okay. Not a championship Caliber team.Look at the batting numbers. Very average. Pitching? Who is going to get a large payday to pitch at the next level?
The bright side of this bunch is two fine young infielders. I just hope we can keep them on the team.
Many expected the numbers to be better, hence underachieving.
I think you're referring to Riggio and Ehrhard, but Ehrhard is an outfielder.

Underachieving?
More than half the starting lineup is first team all-conference. There's no excuse to do so poorly in either the regular season or the conference tourney. Dominating the conference honor rolls and not dominating the conference is the definition of underachieving.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
More than half the starting lineup is first team all-conference. There's no excuse to do so poorly in either the regular season or the conference tourney. Dominating the conference honor rolls and not dominating the conference is the definition of underachieving.
I don't know that 15-9 in the league is doing poorly. Poor finish, disappointing to not win the league after leading late, definitely.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
B2
Doersching pops out on first pitch. 9 pitches, 4 outs for Jackson
Mendham doubles off the wall in left, just missed HR
McLean reaches on error by 3B, 1st and 3rd
Brown singles to LF, Mendham scores
Trenkle grounds to 2nd, Brown out at 2nd
--Trenkle steals 2nd
Adkison walks, bases FOC
--McLean scores as Trenkle drew a throw from catcher at 2nd, under review, out at home

Cowboys settle for just one run. Not sure if that was a good innning or not

1-0

Last edited: