OSU Coaching changes thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So whats the scoop...I guess it's confirmed that Dunn is returning...what is the news regrading Monken?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Why not Barry Sanders? If your only qualification is how you performed as a player he would blow Weeden away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as we're throwing out more or less random ex-players, how about Mike Gundy?
Gundy did work his way up the ranks. He had some bumps and bruises along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
so either gundy convinced or dunn recanted and agreed to stay, likely earning a promotion. then what's with the rumors on monken returning? i don't see where there's room for him... what am i missing?

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
So this is probably totally wrong and I have ZERO evidence to support it. Also, I have seen ZERO leaks suggesting it. However....

I actually wonder if this could be Gundy setting up for his retirement. Maybe it isn't Dunn or Monken. Maybe it is both. Now who is HC/HCIW? I don't know.

Like I said though, probably stupid.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
So this is probably totally wrong and I have ZERO evidence to support it. Also, I have seen ZERO leaks suggesting it. However....

I actually wonder if this could be Gundy setting up for his retirement. Maybe it isn't Dunn or Monken. Maybe it is both. Now who is HC/HCIW? I don't know.

I actually thought the exact same thing as soon as I read the rumor of Monken as HC in waiting. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Monken rumors are only rumors.

Either way, if we retain Dunn as OC and actually let him do his thing, I’ll be cautiously optimistic.

If Monken comes back, I think we’re definitely set up to be back in business.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Thought the same thing. I've often wondered how long Gundy even wants to coach. I could easily see him hanging it up in 2-3 years just to focus on the Gundy Ranch and other low stress stuff.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Thought the same thing. I've often wondered how long Gundy even wants to coach. I could easily see him hanging it up in 2-3 years just to focus on the Gundy Ranch and other low stress stuff.
I totally agree. He just doesn't seem to be very passionate about it anymore. I understand and I don't blame him. If that is the case the smart thing is to move on. Hopefully we can get our own Lincoln Riley or Mike Boynton who can take us to the next level.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I totally agree. He just doesn't seem to be very passionate about it anymore. I understand and I don't blame him. If that is the case the smart thing is to move on. Hopefully we can get our own Lincoln Riley or Mike Boynton who can take us to the next level.
Wait, Bo (ynton) knows football ?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
so either gundy convinced or dunn recanted and agreed to stay, likely earning a promotion. then what's with the rumors on monken returning? i don't see where there's room for him... what am i missing?
totally agree. if Dunn is actually staying, then I would assume that it is b/c he was promoted to OC or at least Co-OC. if that's the case, then where would TM fit in?

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I mean it’s entirely possible they a positional coach at OSU could make more money than a coordinator at UNLV. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed on as a positional coach possibly with more responsibility but not necessarily the OC / CO-OC. I’d imagine with the return of Wallace and potentially Hubbard, he could position himself for a much more high profile OC job. We tear it up next year I could see him getting looks at an SEC/B10 school.