OSU v. Columbia (Wrestling)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
So the final score was 35-6. I predicted 31-3 if our starters went (which would have been 9-1). We got more bonus points than I expected, and you can't really count our backup moving up a weight, so overall better score than I would have thought, BUT with the obvious excitement, especially the pins at 97 and 285, there was some disappointment as well.

This was a real opportunity for Young Carter to show that he deserves a top 10 ranking, instead he fell flat on his face. Not only did he get rode hard (which can certainly be a freshman thing), he didn't really show much fight on his feet, as you would expect a freestyle stud. And it wasn't even a close loss. Gonna have to really pick it up if he's gonna be an AA contender. He gets the Cowboy "Boot" of the match.

Dustin Plott was also really underwhelming. It took a 3d period rideout to win against a guy that is good, but not supposed to be in his class.

I'm gonna give the Sheriff "Star" of the match to Trevor Mastrogiovanni. He wrestled a ranked guy, and just came out and put it on him. Finally got some good separation in score against someone really good, but that he's supposed to beat. I really liked pretty much all of it.

Next up is a home dual against Lehigh on Sunday, who barely beat this team, so no question we will win, but there will be a couple really good matchups.

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK
Not to make excuses, but I’m guessing Plott is still recovering from COVID. I bet he returns to his old self over next 3-4 wks. I agree with expecting a little more from Young, but he has the whole back half of the season to get more experience and grow.

Nov 28, 2021
Stillwater OK
So the final score was 35-6. I predicted 31-3 if our starters went (which would have been 9-1). We got more bonus points than I expected, and you can't really count our backup moving up a weight, so overall better score than I would have thought, BUT with the obvious excitement, especially the pins at 97 and 285, there was some disappointment as well.

This was a real opportunity for Young Carter to show that he deserves a top 10 ranking, instead he fell flat on his face. Not only did he get rode hard (which can certainly be a freshman thing), he didn't really show much fight on his feet, as you would expect a freestyle stud. And it wasn't even a close loss. Gonna have to really pick it up if he's gonna be an AA contender. He gets the Cowboy "Boot" of the match.

Dustin Plott was also really underwhelming. It took a 3d period rideout to win against a guy that is good, but not supposed to be in his class.

I'm gonna give the Sheriff "Star" of the match to Trevor Mastrogiovanni. He wrestled a ranked guy, and just came out and put it on him. Finally got some good separation in score against someone really good, but that he's supposed to beat. I really liked pretty much all of it.

Next up is a home dual against Lehigh on Sunday, who barely beat this team, so no question we will win, but there will be a couple really good matchups.
This is a good summary. I would give honorable mention to Kaden Gfeller. Kaden beat his man in all three positions. He's looking good right now.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Not to make excuses, but I’m guessing Plott is still recovering from COVID. I bet he returns to his old self over next 3-4 wks. I agree with expecting a little more from Young, but he has the whole back half of the season to get more experience and grow.
Coach Smith called it the flu today. Don't know if he was being coy, but did say he had a pretty rough time.