oSu VS. K State Pushed to ESPN+

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Not sure on the details (my wife did it all) but we have a free subscription to ESPN+ and Disney + via our Verizon phone plans. We recently added a line for my daughter so not sure if it’s all customers or just because we added a line. Also not sure how long it lasts. I wasn’t involved in the transaction and my wife doesn’t ask very good questions.
I believe it was a perk for unlimited plans. I'd have to pay an extra $40ish/mo to upgrade to that from my current plan so the D+/E+/Hulu bundle makes WAY more sense for me.

Nov 23, 2010
You better believe OU would still have the annual PPV game.
Either way, that's short term, no way OU isn't giving up their third tier rights to the SEC. Even SEC teams are getting the ESPN+ treatment this year with 9 games on the service through the first 3 weeks of the season. I'd bet a good chunk of SoCon Saturday ends up there too.

For what OU will do in the gap years, that probably depends on how the initial deal for conference third tier rights was written when everyone else had to put their stuff on ESPN+.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Not sure if by posting this link I am violating community guidelines. Just trying to help out fellow OSU fans.

Click link, then click CFB on bottom left. Stroll through games during GameDay. Once you find OSU's game, click link and bingo. It's free.. you won't have to pay one penny. There will be a couple ads.. just hit the X couple times and game will start streaming for you to watch. If you have AdBlock, ads won't pop up. I wouldn't pay a penny to anything ESPN related.

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/6

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Huge movement in the spread. Not trying to entice gambling but pointing out that a LOT of action has been placed on the cats +8.5 so much that it’s +6.5 on a Wednesday.
that is huge move, K-State and oSu - always a nail bite. For those Smart Money Guys - 8.5 looked like easy money. I would not take us at 6.5. These games, a fumble, an interception, special teams play and it ends up a 2 -3 point game. Now that I said this, look for a blowout either way...

Oct 29, 2016
US
Not sure if by posting this link I am violating community guidelines. Just trying to help out fellow OSU fans.

Click link, then click CFB on bottom left. Stroll through games during GameDay. Once you find OSU's game, click link and bingo. It's free.. you won't have to pay one penny. There will be a couple ads.. just hit the X couple times and game will start streaming for you to watch. If you have AdBlock, ads won't pop up. I wouldn't pay a penny to anything ESPN related.

Just a reminder. For those who are unable to watch the game on ESPN+, follow above steps to watch the game for free. If you own a smart TV and it has internet app, use the internet to open above link.

If you don't have access to smart TV with internet app, will have to use a computer or smartphone.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just a reminder. For those who are unable to watch the game on ESPN+, follow above steps to watch the game for free. If you own a smart TV and it has internet app, use the internet to open above link.

If you don't have access to smart TV with internet app, will have to use a computer or smartphone.

You can't dvr on ESPN+, can you?

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
My question too. In the spirit of being ancient maybe a strongly worded email to someone is in order.
Help an ancient guy. I bought ESPN+ but can't make pause work. Am I missing something?
Y’all should fax your complaint in, or mail it to ESPN on a 3x5 card, and receive a free ESPN+ hat!*

*Hat is free with $4.95 shipping and handling. Sorry, no CODs.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wow, just wow. $15+ for Disney and no DVR or pause. I may not continue this.
One thing I did not check, but might later today. You can now stream ESPN+through the Hulu app/interface. Maybe you can have different controls there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Thanks all. Pause worked for the OSU game. I just activated it Thursday and was playing with it on whatever was being broadcast. Pause had no effect until last night's game. The whole thing remains spooky. I tried activating ESPN+ on a 2nd Roku stick. It said "success", but didn't work. Then I discovered that this attempt had disabled my first TV. Had to re-activate. Old people will never understand this stuff.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Thanks all. Pause worked for the OSU game. I just activated it Thursday and was playing with it on whatever was being broadcast. Pause had no effect until last night's game. The whole thing remains spooky. I tried activating ESPN+ on a 2nd Roku stick. It said "success", but didn't work. Then I discovered that this attempt had disabled my first TV. Had to re-activate. Old people will never understand this stuff.
Invite your grandkids over to set it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk