OSU Wrestling

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Is this the same guy who, at one point during pregame, ripped his shirt off and ran over near the OU sideline screaming and flexing his muscles like a maniac?
Yes. He’s a real class act. I’ve never understood why anybody in the athletic department thought this guy is a good representative for the school. He’s an classless idiot.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yes. He’s a real class act. I’ve never understood why anybody in the athletic department thought this guy is a good representative for the school. He’s an classless idiot.
He is an unbelievably talented athlete that John Smith thought he could tame. He did in fact tame him his first year but once AJ won a title he really started to go off the rails.

Jul 6, 2022
Colorado
Watch, someone will pick him up under the guise of "everyone deserves a second chance". Figured after his car accident where he nearly killed three people that would have been his second chance. Bummer for the women he bullied, bummer for the school, bummer for the program, bummer for the Ferrari family. I enjoyed his on-mat bravado as it seemed all in good fun - unlike some other contemporary college wrestlers which I won't name - and provided a much-needed spark for our team. And the shirt ripping/flexing at baseball games was fun as well. Too bad he couldn't stop at "being a showman" and turned into something much darker.

Aug 19, 2006
Will be interesting to see what the interest level is given his recent "character reveal" on social media. Hard to see any blueblood program inviting that into their wrestling room. He may be on his way to Shippensburg.

His problems didn't start or end in Stillwater. He'll probably get a chance to rehabilitate his reputation somewhere but it seems unlikely likely he'll take advantage of that opportunity. Hard to turn a bad apple into a good one. Usually goes the other way.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Will be interesting to see what the interest level is given his recent "character reveal" on social media. Hard to see any blueblood program inviting that into their wrestling room. He may be on his way to Shippensburg.

His problems didn't start or end in Stillwater. He'll probably get a chance to rehabilitate his reputation somewhere but it seems unlikely likely he'll take advantage of that opportunity. Hard to turn a bad apple into a good one. Usually goes the other way.
A blue blood or near blue blood might take the risk just so they get the inside track on the youngest brother (class of 2024) who seems to be sane/normal and possibly best wrestler of them all.

Jul 6, 2022
Colorado
I wouldn't be surprised if the other brothers do some distancing. Especially if AJ is convicted. I mean family support and togetherness is great until it hurts their chances. We'll see.

Aug 19, 2006
This ^^^
If anything I could see a team like Iowa or Michigan taking a chance to try to get those extra points to beat Penn State.
Agreed. Presumably he's going to need to get his legal issues settled before anyone will pick him up. That might cost him the 2022 season regardless of where he lands.

Sep 6, 2014
what really sucks is the timing, we could have gotten Michael Beard from Penn State who just transferred to Lehigh and is easily a top 6 guy