OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 2, 2014
Yes that would be a huge blow. I won't assume anything until it's official. Williams may decide to give staying at OU a go and try to build a legacy there under a new system.
Agreed, until he's gone there is no point in assuming. But I enjoy imagining the possibilities!

Sep 2, 2014
Rumors going around that it’s going to be Venables. Could be announced shortly.
They are basing it on a snapchat from Venables kids doing the horns down....but already determined the post was from Oct. Not saying its impossible, but their reasoning is a bit of a stretch right now.

Aug 19, 2006
They are basing it on a snapchat from Venables kids doing the horns down....but already determined the post was from Oct. Not saying its impossible, but their reasoning is a bit of a stretch right now.
I just can't see them going with a rookie HC. Not a big enough splash to compensate for Riley bailing out on them. They're in big-time damage control mode now. This recruiting class will all but evaporate if they don't make a homerun hire.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I just can't see them going with a rookie HC. Not a big enough splash to compensate for Riley bailing out on them. They're in big-time damage control mode now. This recruiting class will all but evaporate if they don't make a homerun hire.
Kinda surprised the rumors of 'dump truck of money to Saban's door' haven't started up yet.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Sports animal reporting Campbell’s buyout is $27 million.
And in six years he's won eight more games than he's lost. I think he's a good coach, but I also think he's overrated.
Ya think!!??? The media honeymoon for him has required him to win at least one unexpected game/year.

Course he’ll lose 3 or 4 they shouldn’t, but hey, he’s a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Yes, I'm hearing that from multiple people and now a press conference scheduled for 3pm to announce the hire. A solid get for OU if true.
Its not a terrible hire but definitely not the 'splash' they would like us all to believe. Honestly the bigger splash would have been stealing Leach from Miss State. At least he is a proven winner as a HC and would light up the scoreboard.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Its not a terrible hire but definitely not the 'splash' they would like us all to believe. Honestly the bigger splash would have been stealing Leach from Miss State. At least he is a proven winner as a HC and would light up the scoreboard.
And may have held on to/got back some of thos 5 and 4 star recruits. Any QB would love to play in a Leach offense.