OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Which might explain Venables returning to be his DC for a hefty raise??
No clue, they have the train wreck of the century happening and need someone with name recognition to set up a staff and put it all back together. Who better than Bob, a hall of fame coach that is probably getting bored sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Bob who knows SEC recruiting from his time in the SEC. Bob who knows what it takes to win in the SEC.

If Bob will do it he's the obvious choice. Every ole ball coach wants to get back on the sideline. Train in Brent while he's at it.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
He was in the SEC over 20 years ago. I'm sure it's changed a bit.
It's not like Bob didn't recruit players from the SEC area when he was HC, nor do I believe he's lost touch with what it takes. Aside from maybe the reliance on technology, it still takes communication with the players and their family, and that has not changed whether you're in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, California, or Texas.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
He was in the SEC over 20 years ago. I'm sure it's changed a bit.
They added Aggie and Mizzu for him to kick around just like old times in the Big12.

Let me restate this, I hope like heck they don't hire Bob. He is the obvious answer to their current problem and will get them through it with minimal discomfort. I want to see them bleed.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Al is a stuttering stammering fool on the radio right now. He said that going to the SEC was a disastrous decision for OU. LMAO. They were all "deal with it, rest of the Big 12" a couple of months ago.

JohnW

Wrangler
Aug 10, 2020
Plano
Bob Stoops is the best name Ive heard bantered about today for OU. He is a class individual and can recruit just not as well as Lincoln can on the O side of the ball for sure. Id take Bob over Kingsbury and the rest are not proven HQ material and frankly neither is Kingsbury to me. If Kingsbury was a choice for college Head Coach why did USC not pursue him he had been there a minute as OC after getting fired at TT

Sep 2, 2014
Al is a stuttering stammering fool on the radio right now. He said that going to the SEC was a disastrous decision for OU. LMAO. They were all "deal with it, rest of the Big 12" a couple of months ago.
Isn't it glorious?? I haven't listened to the SA in YEARS...been listening and laughing all day. Jim is on there claiming OSU fans are mad that OU stole their attention. He clearly is disconnected from reality. This has been the best three days for OSU that I can recall!!!

Aug 16, 2012

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
When was Al not a "stuttering stammering fool?" I think that's on his resume.

Aug 7, 2006
Isn't it glorious?? I haven't listened to the SA in YEARS...been listening and laughing all day. Jim is on there claiming OSU fans are mad that OU stole their attention. He clearly is disconnected from reality. This has been the best three days for OSU that I can recall!!!
I've heard that too... I have no problem with them stealing attention right now. Winning Bedlam was nice, but this team has higher goals than that.