OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Isn't it glorious?? I haven't listened to the SA in YEARS...been listening and laughing all day. Jim is on there claiming OSU fans are mad that OU stole their attention. He clearly is disconnected from reality. This has been the best three days for OSU that I can recall!!!
Yep, I'm calling BS on that. He's just trying to give OU fans a little shot of self esteem with that. Then they all repeat it like it's fact.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
When was Al not a "stuttering stammering fool?" I think that's on his resume.
That guy has a face for the radio, and a voice for the newspaper. How he managed to stay on air for this long is an indictment on the complete lack of sports radio talent in Oklahoma.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Good they have a good relationship, but the fact remains, Stoops hired his brother to run the defense in 2012. So fired would be wrong but he was clearly demoted.
Brent knows how things work in the college football arena and obviously he knew about Mike. Was he upset at the situation during one point? Sure, he's human. But he's also a man who understands brother and brother, and he's not one to piss away such a strong, long-term friendship over that.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I've heard that too... I have no problem with them stealing attention right now. Winning Bedlam was nice, but this team has higher goals than that.
THIS!!! I don't give a crap about "stealing attention". In fact I like it because it means the OU nation simultaneous stopped complaining about the officiating. We'll get plenty of attention when we win the big 12 next week and punch our ticket to the playoffs.

...just talking crap here. I know Baylor is good and we could easily lose that game. I am confident however.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
That guy has a face for the radio, and a voice for the newspaper. How he managed to stay on air for this long is an indictment on the complete lack of sports radio talent in Oklahoma.
Really hoping the sport animal picks up Sam after the franchise so unjustly fired him. He needs to become the heir to Al and Jim. Al can't be long for the radio and Jim and Sam would be fun together.

Sep 6, 2011
THIS!!! I don't give a crap about "stealing attention". In fact I like it because it means the OU nation simultaneous stopped complaining about the officiating. We'll get plenty of attention when we win the big 12 next week and punch our ticket to the playoffs.

...just talking crap here. I know Baylor is good and we could easily lose that game. I am confident however.
The only attention that was stolen must be locally - and if the media there in OK is anything like it used to be then I'm sure the usual echo chamber is pretty loud right now. I would argue that the level of national attention for OSU has only increased over the last few days - same for USC.

Nov 18, 2010
Spencer Rattler officially in the transfer portal. (Not sure if anyone else mentioned it).
If Riley takes C. Williams to California, they would truly have to start over from scratch.

Oct 1, 2006
Lagos, Nigeria
The only attention that was stolen must be locally - and if the media there in OK is anything like it used to be then I'm sure the usual echo chamber is pretty loud right now. I would argue that the level of national attention for OSU has only increased over the last few days - same for USC.
We're on a completely different plane right now. OU's season, for all intents and purposes, is over. It's big story nationally today, by the end of the week all focus will be on teams trying to make the playoffs.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Agreed, watching both networks shows on and off today, the only talk was about Riley and USC there was not even a mention of what might happen at OU. Sooner fans have always thought they were more relevant in the National scene then they really are, of course listening to Oklahoma media how could they be expected to think anything different.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
What happened to Sam Mayes? We don't get news here in the mountains
https://twitter.com/AllmericanMayes/status/1464668812456955904

Sounds like complete horse manure to me. They have been clearing house of higher level talent for a long time now. My guess is they over-spent on talent when they started up and have been losing money because of it. So they took a BS opportunity to fire him for "cause" just to not have to pay his buyout. If I'm right, I REALLY hope he is lawyering up.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
https://twitter.com/AllmericanMayes/status/1464668812456955904

Sounds like complete horse manure to me. They have been clearing house of higher level talent for a long time now. My guess is they over-spent on talent when they started up and have been losing money because of it. So they took a BS opportunity to fire him for "cause" just to not have to pay his buyout. If I'm right, I REALLY hope he is lawyering up.
I bet you’re right, I remember a bunch of backhanded comments from The SA when the franchise first got going about that. Sounded like they thought the money paid was unsustainable whenever that started years ago.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Yep, I'm calling BS on that. He's just trying to give OU fans a little shot of self esteem with that. Then they all repeat it like it's fact.
Heard that and wondered who he was talking about. Beating OU was fantastic, but watching them crumble is so much fun. Please, continue.