OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
And there's disheveled Deano. Poor fella. Make no mistake, if this story was that Mike Gundy took another job, Dean would stand there and tell us it's just business. View attachment 93519
You're absolutely right. I can promise you when Les left OSU there wasn't anybody in the media worried about him being slimy or lying - it was just business. Not this though. What type of human would do this???!

Apr 7, 2006
Ou is trying so hard to find the moral high ground. That's just tough for anyone not in OK media to take seriously given their off-season. They said "it's all business" in the off-season, now it's time for them to accept the same when they're on the other side.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Ou is trying so hard to find the moral high ground. That's just tough for anyone not in OK media to take seriously given their off-season. They said "it's all business" in the off-season, now it's time for them to accept the same when they're on the other side.
I don't feel sorry for the school. I feel for those young men. I know they have an amazing opportunity, but they chose Oklahoma for a reason and Lincoln sold them out so hard, IMO. This is WORSE than Les Miles by a long shot. He is gutting this program and has been prepping for a long time. I realize it's a business, but as a man I couldn't imagine looking myself in the mirror after this. I'm ugly though.

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
I don't feel sorry for the school. I feel for those young men. I know they have an amazing opportunity, but they chose Oklahoma for a reason and Lincoln sold them out so hard, IMO. This is WORSE than Les Miles by a long shot. He is gutting this program and has been prepping for a long time. I realize it's a business, but as a man I couldn't imagine looking myself in the mirror after this. I'm ugly though.
They will be ok. The transfer portal gives them an easy way out.

Aug 16, 2012
And a body for midget wrasslin'. ;)
So if I recall correctly, you are somewhere in the Houston area now. There is "strip center" on the south side of Highway 290 from the Buc-ee's in Waller with a gas station/County Line BBQ (great) and the Cedar Creek Saloon. The last time I ate at County Line about three years ago, the saloon was having midget wrestling with the event plastered all over marquees along the road and parking lot. Amazing that in this day and age that small-syndrome person wrasslin is still being staged anywhere.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You are right, but take this into consideration before you think Riley is the only scumbag in this deal:
1. The goon mouthpieces have been on Riley all year, they have openly said harsh stuff. (You get paid $7,200,000 not enough to leave)
2. They chose to go to the SEC. (Not enough to leave)
3. Your AD appears to be hovering around your program, reference who instantly appears at Baylor when Riley is having his meltdown (WTH, why isn't he up in a suite)
4. The admin wants to negotiate about what is necessary going to the SEC ( WTH, is the gooner nation broke?)
5. The admin is telling you that you must win in the SEC like you have in the Big XII. (Ruh Ro)
6. You know who's head is gonna roll is you don't win in the SEC (his name doesn't have a J, O or E in the first name)
7. You just watched your admin throw over 100 years of tradition, business and political relationships away and say it's just business. (Not a good indication of fidelity with the Coach Log)

I'm getting the heck out of dodge. I wouldn't have lied to everyone, but I don't think waiting around for the Joe's to meet your demands is very smart either.

Aug 16, 2012
Brent knows how things work in the college football arena and obviously he knew about Mike. Was he upset at the situation during one point? Sure, he's human. But he's also a man who understands brother and brother, and he's not one to piss away such a strong, long-term friendship over that.
I will concede to you and @Deere Poke as you recall the circumstances with much greater insight than me. I just knew he left after brother was hired and being OU, I really did not look into it much further than that.