OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Apparently LSU is paying Kelly 125 million over ten-years and Riley is getting 110 million over ten-years. Gundy is under paid and should be at least highest paid coach in Big 12 or 7 million per year.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Is anybody else enjoying how the Okc homer media has been turned into a clown show? You have these “insiders” like Blevins, Al, etc who claim to be the true source of anything OU related. They didn’t find out until the rest of us did yesterday. It was obvious today they still don’t know anymore than the rest of us.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
Apparently LSU is paying Kelly 125 million over ten-years and Riley is getting 110 million over ten-years. Gundy is under paid and should be at least highest paid coach in Big 12 or 7 million per year.
probably should be and there is a lot of insinuation that Shrum and Weiberg are going to open up the check book to athletics a bit more. But I do think we should proceed with a hint of caution as we try and figure out what the new financial reality is with our next media contract.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I have long dreamed of telling my grandchildren some day this story of ou football “believe it or not Lil’OSU125, before they were struggling for 4 win seasons, there was a time when ou was a respected football power. But like their buddies in Nebraska they got a little big for their britches.”

Praying that the planets are aligning…..
As I walked out of the beautiful Boone Pickens Stadium after having witnessed the game with my granddaughter and my kids I said, "You know we might have broke them" to which my well educated, beautiful granddaughter said, " and they got to lose to us before they leave!" I was so proud.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
The reason I had NO PROBLEM with the no call on the second to the last play of the game.
well if you watch closely on that second to last play, the 0U receiver grabs Blacks arm and pulls it into his chest making it look like Black is holding. Black didn't hold at all.
This times 1000! Just like the GIF above of the face mask turned into PI. It was either going to be a no call or offensive PI.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
probably should be and there is a lot of insinuation that Shrum and Weiberg are going to open up the check book to athletics a bit more. But I do think we should proceed with a hint of caution as we try and figure out what the new financial reality is with our next media contract.
Gundy just renegotiated his contract about a month ago. He's comfortable getting what he gets.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
Is anybody else enjoying how the Okc homer media has been turned into a clown show? You have these “insiders” like Blevins, Al, etc who claim to be the true source of anything OU related. They didn’t find out until the rest of us did yesterday. It was obvious today they still don’t know anymore than the rest of us.
just a bunch of yardbird homers. i have never liked dean blevins. The loss of life/family/friends in the Colorado plane crash was horrible, but another part of the tragedy was dean blevins being automatically promoted to sports director at channel 9. He has been horribly biased and very unprofessional there. It seems like he never misses an opportunity to take a swipe at OSU.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Has anyone thought about who came up with the Coach Log money? FOX might have contributed just to stick ESPN/SEC with not one but two horrid teams.