OU Football Players Suspect in Armed Robbery

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You can rest assured those bastions of journalistic integrity that cover goon sports won't sugar coat anything or be told not to believe their lying eyes.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I just don’t get these kids and I’m not just talking about these OU kids. Every team seemingly has them including us at times in the past. I know many come from the “Hood” but good grief, their talent got them to an elite Power 5 University, they get gourmet meals, academic tutoring and assistance, get to be big men on campus with chicks galore, have a potentially lucrative future ahead of them and then they do something like this which throws it all away and likely back into the hood, prison or worse. It’s mind boggling and sad why they would risk it all for something so meaningless and stupid. Who knows what the truth is but if it plays out to be what is being reported, Riley won’t have any choice but to send them packing! The difference between OU and most other schools is they’re so stacked with highly ranked recruits they can just employ next man up without as much impact as some other teams. Major fork in the road for those young men and they took the wrong turn.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Two of OU’s best players were gang bangers. Wow.

Figured a guy with a sunburst belly tat would go for the kinder gentler kind. Money talks!

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Suspended Oklahoma players confirmed as Trejan Bridges, Seth McGowan - Sports Illustrated Oklahoma Sooners News, Analysis and More
The two football players involved in an alleged robbery on Thursday night and subsequently suspended by the OU athletic department on Friday have been identified as sophomore wide receiver Trejan Bridges and freshman running back Seth McGowan.

A source in the OU athletic department confirmed their names to SI Sooners late Friday, and on Saturday, their identities were revealed to be on archived audio from a police scanner picked up during the incident.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I know everyone is mostly joking but for one of them it’s not his first strike and these are serious charges, more so than normal for their players (especially in today’s gun hating time). I would be surprised if they are not kicked off the team.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It all depends on spring practice. If their replacements step up they will be gone, otherwise they stay. Please note that neither of them has been booked and it hasn't made it past the fourth sports story on the local sports news, soccer and gymnastics are far ran before this story and nothing in the Oklahoman. If that bastion of journalism Murdoch is putting this out the Football program may be sacrificing these two for the third.