OU football: Trey Franks, Jaz Reynolds among 4 Sooners suspended

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Well you started with just using Gundy's timeframe. Then switched to all time. I'm trying to figure out what you're going to twist next to suit your side of the argument.
I think you have your posters confused.
You asked for a time frame that included the 90s. I posted all time record which last time i checked included the 90s. So im not trying to skew anything.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think you're a little smarter than you act. YOU said 80k, not me. I didn't set the parameters, you did so no, I don't mean 60k. Same as above in your reply to Pro v...you say "many" schools...17 out of 130 is not many. You should list how many schools have Spring games with 58,000+ that attend, only guessing but I'm guessing less than 17 which, again, ain't many.
80k was an arbitrary number I threw up. I said 58k+ or 60k- because osu's capacity is under 60 and over 58.

It would take a lot of research to find 17 or more school who field ~60k for a spring game. But off the top of my head ohio state is famous for having 80k + at spring games. They had over 95k a few years ago. But just a quick google search shows me Alabama at 78k, even arky at 45k. I may have exaggerated when I say many schools get that many at spring games. But there are a lot that get 40 45 46 38 etc. Which is even more than OU which had only 20k.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The 12 losses are also a bit skewed. Those were some pretty bad teams Gundy had to start with. Any coach would lose no matter how good the home field advantage.

And why wouldn't I only count the record since it was rededicated? You're only counting OU's recent home record. Not going to include the 90s? How far back are we taking this thing? You like to bend the parameters to suit your argument so I'll let you decide.
You are kind of half right there. A good home field advantage is a history of winning, or a tough environment. Some say the swamp or the Shoe are the toughest places to win, but they have more losses at home in the past decade than schools like OU or boise state, who have had great to decent teams, but still maintain the high level of play at home, even during off years.

Well, you only count it since it was redidicated because osu started winning games at that time. So , sure, if i wanted to, i could skew the numbers in OU's favor and nick out a couple losses to make it look better. No need to. we just separate it by stoops era, or gundy era. Seems more appropriate. A 10-15 year chunk of time seems like an appropriate measure. At least, OU has been back for about that long, and osu is only now just on the upward swing. Kind of where OU was back in the early 2000s.

Jul 28, 2006
It's gone from dismissal, to stated suspension, to vague suspension in less than one news cycle. Wow, a suspension in May. What a disciplinarian. Bob has a history of public statements while going soft on his players behind the scenes. That is why his house is in disarray. Franks and Jaz will play next year in every meaningful game. Mark it down. Bob doesn't have the stomach to sit good players when the W is on the line. The results speak for themselves.
Just call me Nostradamus.

Jul 28, 2006
How is the house in disarray? Really?
Whistle past the graveyard if you like. You guys got beat by Baylor and Tech. Do I need to mention the Bedlam blow-out? Couple that with several transfers and suspensions. There is a problem in goonerville. Don't believe me. Watch the 2012 season.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Whistle past the graveyard if you like. You guys got beat by Baylor and Tech. Do I need to mention the Bedlam blow-out? Couple that with several transfers and suspensions. There is a problem in goonerville. Don't believe me. Watch the 2012 season.
We will then enjoy laughing as you look stupid when OU wins their 8th big 12 title. Then your team wins 7-8 games and you are brought back to earth.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
We will then enjoy laughing as you look stupid when OU wins their 8th big 12 title. Then your team wins 7-8 games and you are brought back to earth.
7-8 wins is right about where OU should be by season end. You have like a 1 deep o-line right now and one injury will cripple your entire season. Even if they stay healthy... you don't have depth there anymore. I see the sooners really struggle next year.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
7-8 wins is right about where OU should be by season end. You have like a 1 deep o-line right now and one injury will cripple your entire season. Even if they stay healthy... you don't have depth there anymore. I see the sooners really struggle next year.
Ha I cant wait to make you eat those words and you change that avatar to the one I have chosen for you.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Ha I cant wait to make you eat those words and you change that avatar to the one I have chosen for you.
You must be blind if you think the OSU cowboy defense is going to let OU score a bunch of TD with Landry at the helm. Even if Trey Metoyer is a stud....I have no doubt in my mind that Justin Gilbert will not let him do a damn thing. Our offense won't be as good but we will still score on your weak ass defense.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
You must be blind if you think the OSU cowboy defense is going to let OU score a bunch of TD with Landry at the helm. Even if Trey Metoyer is a stud....I have no doubt in my mind that Justin Gilbert will not let him do a damn thing. Our offense won't be as good but we will still score on your weak ass defense.
You talk a lot of game. Its a good thing im already expecting you to back out like a little girl because thats going to be even more enjoyable than you actually using the avatar.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You get caught and then try to sidestep the issue. Classic.
I can go on about the storied history of cheating in Norman.
Once again. Tell me all about the programs that didn't get their hands dirty to win back then.

Better yet, I can tell you stories about programs that got their hands dirty and STILL didn't win.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
Once again. Tell me all about the programs that didn't get their hands dirty to win back then.

Better yet, I can tell you stories about programs that got their hands dirty and STILL didn't win.
Your justification is sad.