OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 4, 2019
Colorado
Tier 1.

Bama, Clemson, LSU

Tier 2

UGA. Ohio State,

Tier 3

Auburn, Notre Dame , Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, FSU, Washington

Tier 4(has beens)

Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Tenn. Arkansas, Army

tier 5. Never beens, but think they are

Aggies
UCLA to fit in somewhere, Tier 4? Surely more Tier 5 additions like: Missouri, Iowa, ...?
CU buffaloes to fit in a special tier - "Flash In The Pan"

Last edited:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Exactly. And that's bc WVU had a average at best head coach, except for this year. WVU now has a very good coach, maybe RROD good. Let's see where WVU is in 2021.

I dont think WVU and TCU get the respect they deserve. They beat power 5 conference champions many times. WVU ran Clemson(acc champs) and OU(big 12 champs) off the field. They beat the SEC champion UGA in the georgia dome for the Sugar Bowl(moved there bc Katrina).

WVU hasnt had a good coach since RROD left, and TCU sort of lost its identity a bit since it joined the big 12. I look for TCU to get back to the more traditional offense it had in the past, and I think both the newcomers will be forces to be reckoned with by 2021 and onwards. WVU's defense was actually quite good this year, and it returns everyone on the dline and at lb. Both starting safeties were true freshmen as was a corner.

OU may still win the big 12 in 2021, but if it does so it will be battle tested and shouldnt get run out of the stadium in a very similar way as Rutgers would have. Rutgers may have given LSU a better game, couldnt have done worse.

WVU had its best recruiting class ever and neal brown hasnt even been there a year. The future is bright for WVU and the Big 12, which should have representation shortly that can actually beat conference champions from the sec.

Kstate beat OU this year, and they are only going to get better.
Yeah one 5-7 season... I'm not buying Neal Brown stock.

The pecking order in the Big 12 is

OU, UT
OSU, TCU, KSU, Baylor
Tech, WVU, ISU
KU

If it wasn't for you coming on here and posting hilariously wrong predictions we would all forget that WVU is in the conference.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?

OU, UT
OSU, TCU, KSU, Baylor
Tech, WVU, ISU
KU

If it wasn't for you coming on here and posting hilariously wrong predictions we would all forget that WVU is in the conference.
TCU is flirting hard with that 3rd tier. ISU is flirting hard with the 2nd.

Other than that....pretty much.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Oklahoma is an elite program tho over rated this year. It was not easy to tell until LSU exposed them.
The month of November exposed the issues that Hurts can’t run Riley’s system optimally and defensive depth was razor thin. Though without Hurts, I guarantee it would’ve been a 9 win season for OU. The growing pains with Hurts were FAR less than they would’ve been with either Austin Kendall or Mordecai. Hurts was a bandaid for relevancy in the CFP. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
The month of November exposed the issues that Hurts can’t run Riley’s system optimally and defensive depth was razor thin. Though without Hurts, I guarantee it would’ve been a 9 win season for OU. The growing pains with Hurts were FAR less than they would’ve been with either Austin Kendall or Mordecai. Hurts was a bandaid for relevancy in the CFP. Plain and simple.

Most OU fans I know were willing to take that risk to get rattler time. I told them if he was as good as they all claim, he would be out there.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder

What a luxury. OU hasn't had to recruit a quarterback since Eddie Crowder.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
In other news, the big 12 is 0'fer so far this bowl season. Up next is a mediocre Texas against #11 Utah. This conference is really bad this year.
Well ou moving into the playoffs hurt. Baylor should be in Alamo and Texas moves down a few

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Always felt Utah was soft. That’s pac12 for ya.... Baylor/uga will be interesting. Not a bad matchup - should be a grinder. I don’t see Baylor pulling it out though.

Sep 9, 2013

OU, UT
OSU, TCU, KSU, Baylor
Tech, WVU, ISU
KU

Actually, before this year WVU had the exact same record in big 12 play as Oklaoma state over the previous 5 year span. WVU isnt a tier behinf kstate, theyve beaten them 4 straight, and this was the 1st year TT has beaten WVU in a long time.

I am pretty honest on our coach's assessment. I always said DH was average(at best). He's looking below average at Houston.

Neal brown is the real deal, as you will soon see.

In hoops, Huggins continues to impress. next season will be WVU's 1st to start 5 future NBA players. I mean we have jalen bridges redshirting this year. He wasnt even on WVU's radar until huggins had him up for dinner at his house and he signed the next day, which shocked many recruiting gurus.

In short, WVU has been upper tier in both revenue sports since it joined the big 12, and things are trending upwards in both sports. Even baseball is trending up with new stadium and hosting regional for 1st time last season.

WVU was also the top Big 12 team in the directors cup. Ahead of Texas and everyone else. WVU has, and will continue to represent the big 12 well, in almost every sport in which we participate, but especially the revenue sports. Wrestling is a revenue sport, and WVU isnt trending upwards yet, but it has made a huge, huge financial commitment to jump start that program.

FWIW, WVU has a winning record against Texas since joining the big 12, so dont rank them ahead of wvu either.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Actually, before this year WVU had the exact same record in big 12 play as Oklaoma state over the previous 5 year span. WVU isnt a tier behinf kstate, theyve beaten them 4 straight, and this was the 1st year TT has beaten WVU in a long time.

I am pretty honest on our coach's assessment. I always said DH was average(at best). He's looking below average at Houston.

In hoops, Huggins continues to impress. next season will be WVU's 1st to start 5 future NBA players. I mean we have jalen bridges redshirting this year. He wasnt even on WVU's radar until huggins had him up for dinner at his house and he signed the next day, which shocked many recruiting gurus.

In short, WVU has been upper tier in both revenue sports since it joined the big 12, and things are trending upwards in both sports. Even baseball is trending up with new stadium and hosting regional for 1st time last season.

WVU was also the top Big 12 team in the directors cup. Ahead of Texas and everyone else. WVU has, and will continue to represent the big 12 well, in almost every sport in which we participate, but especially the revenue sports. Wrestling is a revenue sport, and WVU isnt trending upwards yet, but it has made a huge, huge financial commitment to jump start that program.

FWIW, WVU has a winning record against Texas since joining the big 12, so dont rank them ahead of wvu either.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA

The only two good things to come out of West Virginia are pepperoni rolls and moon shine.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
2011 OSU good? You mean the same team that lost to Iowa State and had to have a Stanford kicker miss 3 easy field goals to win in OT? We were good that year but this LSU team is on another level. They’ve now beat 6 top 10 teams. The LSU team I watched play tonight wouldn’t lose to Iowa state. And don’t blame it on the plane crash because this is the most apples to apples comparison one could possibly make.
Exactly. People really romanticize that team. We were really good. But we were VERY close to losing to K-state at home, required a massive 2nd half comeback to beat A&M (who was very pedestrian that year), and we lost to freaking Iowa State......

Love that team and it was certainly the best team in my lifetime but this LSU squad is amazing.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Exactly. People really romanticize that team. We were really good. But we were VERY close to losing to K-state at home, required a massive 2nd half comeback to beat A&M (who was very pedestrian that year), and we lost to freaking Iowa State......

Love that team and it was certainly the best team in my lifetime but this LSU squad is amazing.
I think this LSU team has copied the 60's-70's USC formula of growing tailbacks in test tubes, only they are growing Olinemen there.

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
This is a joke lol.... Go look at all the publications the last 5 years that have OU as the top, or top 3 college football program of all time. They were overrated this year, as many expected them to be down with all the changes they've made. Hurts wasn't a QB, they had an entire new offensive line, new DC, on and on. Also, they probably should have beat Georgia in the playoff and would've had a shot of beating that Alabama team (they haven't been blown out of every game) . I'm not just sticking up for them, but for the love of god Nolaeer is an idiot. Being a WVU fan, you probably haven't seen first hand what OU has accomplished over the past 80 years. If anything, I think they are trending up. OSU has to make some big time changes in the coming years, and be able to retain star players like Chuba and Wallace.